Knorr Spinach Dip
Our classic Knorr spinach dip is rich, creamy, and full of flavorful, aromatics, and crispy water chestnuts! Everyone will be lining up to eat their veggies!
Servings 8 servings
- 1 (10-ounce) box frozen spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 1 envelope Knorr Vegetable recipe mix
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounces) can water chestnuts, well-drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup, plus extra for garnish green onions thinly sliced
- sliced vegetables
- sliced baguette
- Hawaiian rolls, cut into cubes
In a medium mixing bowl, mix all the dip ingredients until smoothly combined. Refrigerate for 2 hours until well chilled.
Meanwhile, hollow out the center of the round loaf of bread leaving at least 2-inch of the wall around the edges, creating a bowl. Pour cold dip into the bread bowl, garnish with green onions and serve.
- Edible bowl – If you haven’t made a bread bowl before, it’s a beautiful way to serve this dip (or a rich soup like my cream of broccoli). You’ll want to start with a large round of sourdough bread or a boule (the French word for “ball” to denote those big round loaves of bread).
- Slice about ½” – 1” off the top and set aside. Using a small knife and/or spoon, hollow out the bottom of the loaf, leaving a 2” border around the sides and bottom.
- To keep it from getting soggy (which you’d definitely want to do if you’re filling it up with hot soup), brush or spray the insides with a little olive oil and bake the bread at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. This step is really optional for this dip; just make sure you let it cool completely before using.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 542mg | Potassium: 101mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 417IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 1mg