Easy Hamburger Soup Recipe
Tons of veggies, beef, & LOVE-that's my grandma's Hamburger Soup! All the wholesome memories you miss made in an easy, one-pot dinner right in your kitchen.
Servings 4 servings
- 2 pounds ground beef 80/20
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6-8 cups beef broth divided
- 1 (14.5 -ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons Better than Bouillon - beef flavor
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 6 cups (about 2 large) russet potato diced
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
Brown the ground beef, in a large pot, over medium heat. Add salt and pepper. Cook until there is no longer any pink. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside. Drain all fat from the pot and discard it.
In the same pot, add the oil and sautee the onion and garlic until they are soft, about 6-7 minutes. Sprinkle the onions with flour, stirring to evenly coat the onions and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until the flour begins to brown.
Add the cooked beef, 6 cups of beef broth, tomatoes, Better than Bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, tomato paste, potatoes, and frozen veggies. Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 25 minutes. Adjust seasoning. Add more beef broth if the soup gets too thick. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Serving: 1/4 of the recipe | Calories: 1098kcal | Carbohydrates: 96g | Protein: 58g | Fat: 54g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 161mg | Sodium: 3210mg | Potassium: 2662mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 6198IU | Vitamin C: 84mg | Calcium: 173mg | Iron: 10mg