Our easy steak marinade recipe will help you make your best steak ever! No more relegating steak to special occasion status!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
In a mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil (1/2 cup), soy sauce (1/2 cup), Balsamic vinegar (1/4 cup), red wine vinegar (1/4 cup), Worcestershire sauce (1/3 cup), Dijon mustard (2 tablespoons), garlic (1 tablespoon), Italian Seasoning (2 tablespoons), and pepper (1/2 teaspoon) until well combined. Pour into a 1-gallon resealable plastic bag.
Add steaks to bag and seal. Place bag on a rimmed baking sheet to catch any drips or leakage. Refrigerate overnight.
Heat up the grill and allow steaks to sit out on the counter for 30 minutes.
Grill steaks until desired doneness. See notes above. Allow steaks to rest 7-10 minutes then serve.
- Watch your fire: Now that you’ve carefully marinated your steak, you don’t want to overcook it!
- There’s definitely an art to grilling the perfect steak. The same type of steak can vary in thickness plus the temperature will continue to rise another 5 or 10 degrees once you’ve removed it from the heat. The first thing to remember is to get your steak as close to room temperature as you can before grilling.
- Remove it from the fridge at least 30 minutes before you plan to start the sizzling. It can be difficult to remember all those ranges for cooking times and temperatures for different degrees of doneness, especially if you’re grilling for a crowd, so here’s a handy graphic to help take the guesswork out of when to pull your steak off the fire:
- Beer Me: For some aficionados’ steak marinade beer needs to come first! Nothing makes better fajitas, right?
- Feel free to use it in my recipe as a red wine vinegar replacement, and use a little chili powder and cumin instead of the Italian seasoning. I’d suggest a light
- Lager-style, rather than a dark beer, to do its tenderizing duty without competing with the beef flavor.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Sodium: 1338mg | Potassium: 215mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 2mg