Crockpot Beef Stew
This warm, savory crock pot beef stew blends everything you want your family to eat with tantalizing flavor that brings them running and satisfies the soul.
Servings 6 Servings
- 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 Pounds Boneless Beef Chuck Roast Trimmed and Cut Into 1 Inch Cubed
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups to 2 1/2 Cups Water
- 2 Large Beef Bouillon Cubes
- 1 Can - 10 3/4 Ounces Condensed Tomato Soup, Undiluted
- 3 Teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Medium Onions Sliced
- 2 Large Russet Potatoes Peeled and Cut Into 1 1/2 Inch Pieces
- 3 Medium Carrots Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces
- 2 Stalks Celery Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces
- 8 Ounces Whole Mushrooms Trimmed
- 3/4 Cup Frozen Peas Thawed
Pour flour into a 1 gallon Ziplock bag. Add meat, in batches, and shake to evenly coat all pieces.
Add oil to a large skillet and heat. When the oil is hot, brown meat in batches without crowding it. Transfer meat, when it's browned, directly to crock pot. Add 1 1/2 cups water and bouillon cubes to the skillet and cook, stirring up the brown bits from the bottom of the skillet and dissolving the bouillon cubes. Remove from heat and add tomato soup, Italian seasonings, bay leaves and black pepper and stir to combine. Pour into the crock pot over beef. Add the onions, potatoes, carrots, celery, and mushrooms.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until the beef and veggies are tender. If needed, add more water. Add the thawed peas the last 20-30 minutes of cooking. Discard bay leaves and Serve
Serving: 1/6 of the recipe | Calories: 556kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 130mg | Sodium: 884mg | Potassium: 1321mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 5335IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 5.8mg