Stamped a comin' when they hear my Sloppy Joes are on the burner! A few minor tweaks makes my recipe a real keeper! Leftovers, unlikely!
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 Cup Onion Chopped, Finely Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Green Bell Pepper Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Prepared Yellow Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Ketchup
- 1/2 Cup Water
To a large skillet add oil and begin to heat over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until no pink remains in the beef. Remove cooked beef to a paper towel-lined plate. Drain skillet of all but a couple teaspoons of oil.
Add onions and green pepper to skillet. Saute over medium heat until veggies are soft, a couple of minutes. Add drained beef back to the skillet. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat and continue to simmer for 30 minutes. Scoop mixture out over hamburger buns and serve!
Calories: 102kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 731mg | Potassium: 184mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 265IU | Vitamin C: 10.1mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.3mg