Lemon Garlic Pasta
Tangy-meets-hearty in this versatile homemade pasta recipe for Lemon Garlic Pasta. Garlic, lemon, and cheese-the recipe your cravings have been looking for!
Servings 4 people
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- ⅔ cup Parmesan cheese Freshly Grated
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt plus more for pasta water
- black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves julienned
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 6-8 garlic clove minced
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta, Reserve 1 Cup Of Cooking Liquid
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves julienned
In a medium bowl, make the sauce by whisking together all the sauce ingredients. Set aside. (Best if made ahead a couple of hours ahead of serving but it's not necessary. Refrigerate if making ahead, and bring to room temp before tossing with pasta.)
Cook pasta, in well-salted water, until al dente. Drain and reserve 1 cup of the pasta water.
Add the sauce to cooked, warm pasta. Toss well then add the reserved pasta water. Check seasoning and adjust as needed. Serve immediately. Top with extra parmesan and chopped basil.
Serving: 1/4 of the recipe | Calories: 868kcal | Carbohydrates: 90g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 912mg | Potassium: 329mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 385IU | Vitamin C: 15.5mg | Calcium: 381mg | Iron: 2.1mg