Taco pasta is the ultimate mash-up of two favorites: pasta and tacos. The noodles absorb the seasoning and create a meal for the whole family.
Servings 6 Servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 16 ounces dried elbow pasta
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounces) can petite diced tomatoes, including juice
- 1 (7 ounces) can mild diced green chilies including juice
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package Mexican cheese blend
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cute into cubes and at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Mexican cheese
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to the package directions and drain; Add drained pasta back to pasta pot; set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the ground beef and onion, over medium-high heat until the meat is no longer pink. Add the garlic and continue to cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add in the diced tomatoes, diced chilies, enchilada sauce, creamed corn, taco seasoning, salt, pepper, and dried oregano. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
Stir in Mexican cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream, and gently simmer until cheese and cream cheese is melted and the sauce is well blended.
Pour the sauce over pasta and toss until well coated. Spoon onto individual plates and top with cilantro and cheese as desired.
Serving: 1/6 of the recipe | Calories: 613kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 320mg | Potassium: 487mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 465IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 2.6mg