Grab a tub of vanilla ice cream -- you'll want some a la mode on hand for my Apple Pie recipe! Love those spiced apples, topped with crumb topping.
Servings 6 -8 slices
- 8 medium Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice optional
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter firm
- 1/2 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie crust
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a large bowl combine all filling ingredients ans set aside.
In a 9-inch regular pie pan fit crust. Crimp edges decoratively. Add filling.
Combine topping ingredients with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles crumby pebbles. Sprinkle over top of the pie.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue to bake for 35 minutes or until the apple mixture is bubbly and topping is nicely golden brown.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 656kcal | Carbohydrates: 108g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 341mg | Potassium: 341mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 65g | Vitamin A: 604IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg