Hye rollers are little rolled layered sandwiches, with goodness on every level. Perfect for most occasions - from picnics to parties.
Servings 4 -6
- 1 Lavash
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese at Room Temperature
- 3 Teaspoons Prepared Horseradish Sauce
- 1 Garlic Clove Minced
- To Taste Tabasco Sauce
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Cups Fresh Baby Spinach Leaves Washed and Dried Well
- 1/2- 3/4 Cup Red Onion Very Thinly Sliced
- 1/4 Pound or More to Taste Sharp Cheddar Cheese Sliced
- 1 Pound Roast Beef Very Thinly Sliced
Wet two clean kitchen towels and ring them out well. Place lavash between the two towels. Let sit for about 1/2 hour. This moistens the lavash and makes it pliable and ready to stuff and roll.
Meanwhile, mix cream cheese, horseradish, garlic, hot sauce and black pepper.
Spread cream cheese mixture over the whole moistened lavash. Layer spinach, red onion, cheddar and roast beef leaving 3 inches without filling. Roll tightly. Wrap up the rolled sandwich in one of the moist kitchen towels. Refrigerate for a few hours then slice and serve.
Calories: 326kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 1987mg | Potassium: 511mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1690IU | Vitamin C: 60.1mg | Calcium: 548mg | Iron: 3.9mg