Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Servings 10 -12
- 5-7 Pounds Pork Shoulder Roast
- 3 Tablespoons Dried Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar Packed
- 1 Tablespoon Dry Mustard
- 3 Tablespoon Salt
- 2 Cups Apple Cider
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 Tablespoon Dried Garlic Powder
- Barbecue Sauce
- Prepared Coleslaw
- Sliced Pickles
- Kaiser Rolls or Onion Rolls
Mix all dry rub ingredients together. Rub the spice blend all over the pork roast and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Combine all braising liquid ingredients in a large dutch oven then add the pork roast. Cover tightly with aluminum foil then tight-fitting lid and roast for about 4 hours. Flip the roast over once during cooking so that it cooks evenly.
Remove from oven and let stand until cool enough to handle. Shred the pork with a fork and remove any visible fat (they won't be much).
Serve on buns with bbq sauce and coleslaw.
Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 2237mg | Potassium: 613mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1045IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 2.4mg