Pig Pickin Cake Recipe
Full of oranges & pineapple, pig pickin cake is super moist & full of bright, fruity flavors. Decadent frosting compliments this perfectly balanced cake!
Servings 8 servings
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 2 (11-ounces) can Mandarin oranges juice from 1 can reserve for use in the cake, the second drained and discarded
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (15-ounce) can crushed pineapple Well Drained
- 1 (3.5-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping Thawed
- 1 (11-ounces) can mandarin oranges Well, Drained-Optional
- 1 (11-ounces) can pineapple tidbits Well, Drained-Optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix, canned oranges with the juice of ONE can, eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla and mix with a hand-held electric mixer for 2 minutes.
Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
Cool, the cake in the pan, set on a wire baking rack, until completely cooled.
In a medium bowl combine the well-drained pineapple and the pudding mix until the pineapple is evenly coated with the mix. Let the mixture sit for 2 minutes
Fold in the thawed whip topping until evenly combined. Spread frosting evenly over the top of the cake and garnish, if desired, with well-drained mandarin oranges.
Serving: 1/8 of the recipe | Calories: 547kcal | Carbohydrates: 90g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 243mg | Sodium: 562mg | Potassium: 197mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 65g | Vitamin A: 138IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 1mg