Dorito Taco Salad
Dorito taco salad is an addictingly delicious hearty meal that comes together with minimal effort to satisfy Tex-Mex cravings and endless appetites.
Servings 8 people
- 1 pound ground beef, turkey or chicken 80/20
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) can chili beans
- 1 cup Catalina dressing
- 2 heads lettuce, romaine or iceberg, cut iInto chunks
- 1 cup red onion, thinly dliced
- 3 cups grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups jack cheese
- 2 (14.5-ounce) bags nacho cheese doritos, lightly crushed
- ranch dressing, enough to lightly dress the salad
In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook and crumble the beef and onion until its cooked through and no longer pink. Drain off any excess fat.
Stir in taco seasoning, Chili Beans with their liquid, and the Catalina Dressing. Simmer on low 10 minutes. I cool mine to room temperature before adding to the salad.
In a large bowl, mix together the cooled meat and bean mixture and all the salad ingredients. Toss well.
Pour salad out onto a serving platter and lightly drizzle with Ranch Dressing and top generously with lightly crushed Doritos.
Serving: 1/8 of the recipe | Calories: 1027kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 62g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1747mg | Potassium: 982mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 14550IU | Vitamin C: 17.3mg | Calcium: 410mg | Iron: 5mg