Pineapple Sunshine Cake
Pineapple sunshine cake is a moist fruit-filled cake with a light-n-creamy topping that’s just bursting with yummy flavor you can’t help but love.
Servings 12 people
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 cans (8-ounces) crushed pineapple, juice from 1 can reserve for use in the cake, the second drained and discarded
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can (15-ounces can) crushed pineapple, juice well drained
- 1 pack (3.5-ounce) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cans (15-ounce can) pineapple tidbits drained
- maraschino cherries rinsed and drained
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix, canned crushed pineapple with the juice of ONE can, eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla and mix with a hand-held electric mixer for 2 minutes.
Pour the batter into prepared baking dish and bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
Cool, the cake in the pan, set on a wire baking rack, until completely cooled.
In a medium bowl combine the well-drained crushed pineapple and the pudding mix until the pineapple is evenly coated with the mix. Let mixture sit for 2 minutes
Fold in the thawed whip topping until evenly combined. Spread frosting even over top of the cake and garnish, if desired, with well-drained pineapple tidbits and Maraschino cherries.
Serving: 1/12 of the recipe | Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 350mg | Potassium: 103mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg