Five Cheese Ziti Al Forno
Five Cheese Ziti Al Forno packs cheese and zesty sauce on the only pasta strong enough to support it: the reliable ziti. Take a trip to Italy, no jetlag!
Servings 12 people
For The Ziti:
- 16 ounces dry ziti pasta
- 2 (24-ounce) jars marinara sauce, or 48 ounces of Sunday Gravy
- 2 (15-ounce) Jars alfredo sauce
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Fontina cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
For The Topping:
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Romano cheese shredded
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley chopped
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9X13 with 2-inch sides or a15X10 (4.5 quart) inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain well.
In a large bowl, mix together the Marinara Sauce (or Sunday Gravy), Alfredo sauce, ricotta cheese, 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, 1 cup Fontina Cheese, 1 1/2 cups Parmesan, Italian Seasoning, and garlic powder.
Mix together the drained ziti with the Sauce and cheese ingredients until well combined.
Pour ziti into the prepared baking dish. Spread the remaining 1 cup of Mozzarella over the top of the ziti.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the topping ingredients until they're well combined. Sprinkle evenly over top of the ziti. Place baking dish on a rimmed cookie sheet to catch any drips.
Bake in the preheated oven until the topping is golden brown and the sauce is bubbly about 30-40 minutes.
Serving: 1/12 of the recipe | Calories: 488kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 1127mg | Potassium: 177mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 650IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 490mg | Iron: 1.3mg