Mediterranean Pasta Salad
The salty olives, soft cheese, and chewy noodles in Mediterranean pasta salad make this dish your perfect escape in a bowl!
Servings 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1/4 cup shallots finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cups olive oil
- 1 pound box penne pasta
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil rinsed and drained
- 1 cup pitted black olives drained
- 1 cup pitted Italian green olives drained
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 (8-ounce containers) fresh mozzarella ball in the water drained and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (10-ounce container) grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup fresh basil julienned
Whisk together all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
Cook pasta according to package directions and drain well.
While pasta is still warm, toss it in the mixing bowl with dressing. Allow pasta to cool.
When pasta has cooled to room temperature, stir in the next 8 ingredients (everything but the basil) and toss. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
When ready to serve, add fresh basil and toss. Adjust seasoning and add olive oil, if needed. Serve
Serving: 1/6 of the recipe | Calories: 852kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 50g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 1525mg | Potassium: 760mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1550IU | Vitamin C: 49.7mg | Calcium: 273mg | Iron: 2.8mg