Mexican Chicken Casserole
This Mexican chicken casserole is creamy cheesy taco spiced bliss neatly tucked into a rich bubbling casserole with a crunchy crave-worthy topping.
Servings 6 - 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded into bite sized pieces
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup masa harina
- 1 (7-ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (8.75-ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups Monterey jack cheese
- 3 cups tortilla chips, lightly crushed
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9X13 inch with nonstick cooking spray.
Add vegetable oil to a large skillet and saute onion and garlic until onion is translucent.
Sprinkle vegetables with taco seasoning, cumin, salt, and pepper then stir to combine. Add chicken, cream cheese, salsa, masa harina, green chilies, pinto beans, and sweet corn. Heat until cream cheese is melted
Transfer chicken mix to baking dish. Spread sour cream evenly over top of chicken. Sprinkle 1/2 the cheese over chicken then top with tortilla chips.
Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese and continue to bake until melted and bubbly.
Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Serving: 1/6 of the recipe | Calories: 945kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 61g | Saturated Fat: 30g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 122mg | Sodium: 1812mg | Potassium: 506mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1584IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 663mg | Iron: 3mg