Chicken Florentine Soup
Chicken Florentine soup is a creamy dreamy experience chalked full of wholesome veggies and succulent chicken that comforts and satisfies.
Servings 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 40 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1 heaping tablespoon chicken flavor Better Than Bouillon
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, juices included
- 1/8 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cooked chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces baby spinach
Heat oil and butter in a large pot over medium-high heat and saute onion and garlic on medium-low heat until onions are translucent.
Sprinkle flour, Italian seasoning, rosemary, salt, and black pepper over onions and continue to saute, whisking constantly, until spices are fragrant about 1 minute.
Add chicken broth to pot, stirring to scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pot. Add Better Than Bouillon, diced tomatoes, and sugar, simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the russet potatoes and Parmesan and simmer, stirring often, (so Parmesan doesn't stick on the bottom of the pot) until potatoes are fork-tender about 20 minutes. Stir in chicken cubes, heavy cream, and spinach and heat through. Adjust seasoning and serve.
Serving: 1/4 of the recipe | Calories: 822kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 57g | Fat: 48g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 222mg | Sodium: 1077mg | Potassium: 1612mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 3971IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 425mg | Iron: 4mg