Chicken lasagna marries traditional Italian lasagna with the tender protein punch of chicken in this party-perfect awesome dish!
Servings 8 Servings
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 24 ounces whole milk ricotta
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 2 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and added to a fine sieve and pressed very firmly with the back of a large spoon to remove all moisture.
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, julienned
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and cooled
- 1 rotisserie chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces, skin, and bones removed and discarded
- 16 ounces mozzarella, shredded
Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a deep 9X13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
Stir together all the ingredients for the ricotta filling in a mixing bowl until well combined; set aside.
In a large, high sided skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until soft, about 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle flour over onions and cook, whisking constantly for 1 minute. Remove pan from heat and slowly whisk in half and half and chicken broth until smooth.
Return skillet to low heat and stir in Parmesan, salt, and pepper, then simmer gently until cheese is melted.
Spread about 1 cup of the sauce on of the prepared baking dish. Layer 4 noodles to cover the bottom of dish, then half the ricotta mixture, half the chicken, 1/3 of the mozzarella, and 1/3 of the sauce. Repeat the layers again. Top with remaining 4 noodles, then the remaining sauce and remaining cheese.
Cover lasagna with foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 20-30 minutes or until the lasagna is bubbly and the cheese is golden.
Serving: 1/8 of the recipe | Calories: 819kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 52g | Saturated Fat: 31g | Cholesterol: 210mg | Sodium: 1377mg | Potassium: 418mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1753IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 940mg | Iron: 2mg