Heaven On Earth Cake
Easy no-bake heaven on earth cake is layered with fluffy angel food cake, sweet-tart cherry pie filling, and creamy pudding layer. A trifle in a 9X13 dish!
Servings 10 serving
- 1 (14-ounce) prepared Angel food cake, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (3.5-ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (8-ounce) tub cool whip, thawed
Layer half of the cake pieces evenly on the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
Pour 2/3 of the cherry pie filling evenly over the cake.
Layer the remaining cake pieces over the cherry filling.
In a medium mixing bowl, stir together pudding mix (1 box), milk (1 1/2 cups), and sour cream (1 cup), then smooth. Spoon an even layer over the cake.
Spread cool whip (1 tub) evenly over pudding.
Garnish the top with the remaining pie filling and almonds.
Chill for about 4 to 5 hours. Cut into servings.
- Different Cake: In lieu of Angle food, try pound cake, chocolate cake, a simple vanilla sponge cake, or even brownies.
- Homemade: If you make a homemade Angel food cake, use a tube cake pan.
- Semi-Homemade: If you want to step it up from my basic recipe, use a boxed angel food cake mix.
- Can you make angel food cake a day ahead? Absolutely. Pro tip: The cake needs to be completely cooled before using in this recipe so making it ahead of time is a great idea!
- Best Knife: To cut the fluffy texture of the cake of Angel food cake into cake cubes is a knife with a serrated blade.
- Optional garnish: Instead of the sliced almonds, use slivered or chopped! They really add a nice aesthetic element not to mention crunch! A few fresh mint leaves are always a lovely touch!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 299mg | Potassium: 235mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 480IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 132mg | Iron: 1mg