Source: Slightly Adapted From Donna Hays
- 10 Tablespoons - Unsalted Butter, at Room Temperature
- 1 Cup - Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon - Vanilla Extract
- 2 - Eggs, Large
- 1 Cup - All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup - Self Rising Flour
- 1 Cup - Sweetened Flaked Coconut
- 2/3 Cup - White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until light and creamy. Add the egg and beat well. Add the plain and self-rising flours and coconut and mix well. Add the chocolate.
- With a large oxo cookie/ice cream scoop parcel out dough and flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass. Place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper or silpat silicone liner. Leave 1" space between each cookie to allow for cookies to spread. , leaving room to spread. Repeat with remaining mixture. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until light golden. Allow to cool on trays.
Donna's notes: To check if the cookies are done, look at the bottom not the top. If you wait until the top looks right you risk overcooking them. To check, lift a cookie with a spatula so you can see underneath. The bottom should be deep golden. Cool on trays as the cookies will continue to cook after you've removed them from the oven.