Warning! Take it from me friends. This is honestly a recipe you should probably not try. Yes, I’m being serious. Why in the heck am I posting it, did I hear you ask? Well, because these just might be the BEST cookie I’ve ever eaten. I’ve heard from more than one person who’s had these that they are on the sweet side so they can only eat one. Seriously? I mean, are they kidding me. Why don’t you try eating at least half the batch and then come talk to me about them being sweet. These are not the kind of cookies that I, personally, can have in the house. When they are here, I swear to heaven, they call to me, in their little coconut voices….”We’re here….You know we’re here….No one’s going to know if you eat the second half of the batch……No your butt doesn’t look any bigger…..At least not to us…..Just a few more….”. You get the picture. BTW- I’m pretty sure my butt does look bigger after baking (eating ) a few batches. Oh well, life is short so I’m going to keep baking these incredible coconut white chocolate cookies!
Source: Slightly Adapted From Donna Hays
Coconut White Chocolate Cookies
- Unsalted Butter, at Room Temperature - 10 Tablespoons
- Sugar - 1 Cup
- Vanilla Extract - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Eggs, Large - 2
- All Purpose Flour - 1 Cup
- Self Rising Flour - 1 Cup
- Sweetened Flaked Coconut - 1 Cup
- White Chocolate Chips - 2/3 Cup
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until light and creamy. Add the egg and beat well. Add the plain and self-rising flours and coconut and mix well. Add the chocolate.
- With a large oxo cookie/ice cream scoop parcel out dough and flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass. Place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper or silpat silicone liner. Leave 1" space between each cookie to allow for cookies to spread. , leaving room to spread. Repeat with remaining mixture. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until light golden. Allow to cool on trays.