Warning! Take it from me friends. This is honestly a recipe you should probably not try. Yes, I’m being serious. Why in the heck am I posting it, did I hear you ask? Well, because these just might be the BEST cookie I’ve ever eaten. I’ve heard from more than one person who’s had these that they are on the sweet side so they can only eat one. Seriously? I mean, are they kidding me. Why don’t you try eating at least half the batch and then come to talk to me about them being sweet? These are not the kind of cookies that I, personally, can have in the house. When they are here, I swear to heaven, they call to me, in their little coconut voices….”We’re here…You know we’re here….No one’s going to know if you eat the second half of the batch……No your butt doesn’t look any bigger…..At least not to us…..Just a few more….”. You get the picture. BTW- I’m pretty sure my butt does look bigger after baking (eating ) a few batches. Oh well, life is short so I’m going to keep baking these incredible coconut white chocolate cookies!
Doneness: To check if the cookies are done, look at the bottom, not the top. If you wait until the top looks right you risk overcooking them. To check, lift a cookie with a spatula so you can see underneath. The bottom should be deep golden. Cool on trays as the cookies will continue to cook after you’ve removed them from the oven.
Coconut White Chocolate Cookies
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Beat the butter (10 tablespoons), sugar (1 cup), and vanilla (1/2 teaspoon) with an electric mixer until light and creamy.
- Add the egg (2) and beat well.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour (1 cup) and self-rising flour (1 cup). Gradually add to the butter mixture and beat just until combined.
- Fold in coconut (1 cup) and white chocolate chips (2/3 cup).
- With a large cookie/ice cream scoop, scoop out the dough and arrange it on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or Silpat silicone liner. Leave 2" space between each cookie to allow for cookies to spread. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until the bottom of the cookie is lightly golden. The top and edges of the cookie will not turn golden. Allow it to cool on baking trays for 15 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE
I just made these. Found the recipe on Pinterest. Honestly is one of the BEST cookies I’ve ever made/eaten. Keeping this recipe for sure! YUM!
These look delicious and it's impossible for me not to love the coconut and white chocolate combo. We'll have to try these very soon. Have a lovely day.
If it's a recipe of Mari's it has to be fabulous and these look fabulous…and I have all the ingrediants in the house!! Mari's blog should be an inspiration to all who love to cook…She is truly amazing…and let's not forget the photography…I can't wait to try these…
These look so yummy! I just joined one of those Baking GALS teams and am contemplating what kind of cookies to make. Gonna keep these in mind.
Yum!!!!! I put these on my baking list this week.
mmm i just love coconut, and white choc! would love to try these. i also love the cranberry oatmeal white choc chip cookies in my blog if you want to try something else
How To Eat A Cupcake says
Lol, these do look very delicious! Great post! 🙂
Yum! Those sound sooo good. I love coconut and rarely find things to be too sweet. I think I would really enjoy these. I'm glad I'm not the only one who was wanted to pull some hair because of foodgawker.
Ana Powell says
I am glad you did post it.
Loved your recipe x