Our dreamy Sugar Coconut Cookies Recipe has an amazing unique flavor and texture. It’s soft, chewy and has a lime/ coconut flavor combination you’ll love!
Here’s a super yummy cookie that’s perfect for summer (winter, fall or spring).
It’s an amazingly, soft and chewy sugar cookie flavored with lime and coconut.
I adore everything about this baby.
The texture, flavor combination and the sugary exterior.
Hope you give it a try soon
Chewy Coconut-Lime Sugar Cookies
- 2 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups plus more for rolling Sugar
- 2 Ounces Cream Cheese Cute into 8 pieces
- 1/2 Cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 Teaspoon Lime Zest
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter melted but still warm
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg Large
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, coconut, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl add 1 1/2 cups of sugar, the lime zest, and cream cheese yet. Put the remaining 1/3 cup sugar in a pie plate and set aside. Pour the warm butter over the cream cheese mixture and whisk to combine - the mixture won't be completely smooth yet, that's fine. Add the oil, egg, milk and lime juice. Mix until smooth.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold the dry ingredients into the wet, until a soft dough comes together.
- Using a small cookie scoop form the dough into balls, roll in the reserved sugar and place on cookies sheets. When cookie sheet is full, use the bottom of a drinking glass to gently flatten cookies down into a disk. Try to work quickly as handling the dough too will produce flatter cookies
- Bake the cookies, 1 tray at a time, for about 11-13 minutes, or until the edges are set and beginning to brown. The tops will be puffy and slightly cracked. Transfer the baking sheet to a wire rack and let the cookies cool on the sheet for 5 minutes then transfer them to the rack to cool completely.
Source: Cook’s Illustrated