Do you like polenta? I do!!! The thing that sometimes holds me back from making it is that some recipes have you stirring it constantly like a risotto. This recipe, from Giada, has you stirring occasionally. That works for me! It makes this oh so much more doable. The flavors in this polenta are really wonderful. I love all the fresh herbs, cheese, butter…I mean “Hello YUM”. This recipe makes a very large batch so I generally cut it in half and it generously serves my family of four.
More Family Meals!
Tomato and Basil Soup – perfect for summer or winter, infused with a depth of flavors!
Parmesan Crusted Chicken- This is one of the EASIEST and most delicious chicken recipes EVER! Moist, tender cheesy baked chicken every time.
Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken -Zesty chicken is tender, moist and juicy and loaded with yummy fresh flavors!
Adapted from Giada’s Family Dinners
Herbed Cheese Polenta
- 10 Cups Water
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 2 1/2 Cups Polenta or Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese Freshly Grated
- 1 1/2 Cups Whole Milk or Half and Half
- 10 Tablespoons 1 1/2 Sticks Unsalted Butter, Cut into Chunks
- 1/3 Cup Italian Parsley Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme Chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Bring the water to a boil in a large, heavy pot. Add the salt. Gradually whisk in the cornmeal.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring often, until the mixture thickens and the cornmeal is tender about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Add the cheese, milk, butter, herbs, and pepper. Stir until the butter and cheese melt. Transfer the polenta to a bowl and serve.