Here’s another really wonderful recipe from the always incredible, Ina Garten. I know, I know. If it’s from Ina, it’s going to be fabulous! It is suggested that this recipe is served at room temperature. Well frankly, it’s so darn good, that when I first make it, we end up eating it hot. We can’t wait for the cool down period. It makes a large batch so there were lots left over. My family eats the leftovers straight out of the fridge without even bothering to heat it up. This dish is loaded with deliciously roasted shrimp. The roasting really intensifies the flavor of the shrimp. There’s an incredible amount of fresh dill and parsley. When you measure out one cup of chopped dill, you’ll be amazed at how much it actually is. There’s a generous amount of feta. The feta I used was pretty strong. Next time I’ll probably use a bit less. The only thing I don’t like about this pasta is eventually my fam eats it all and there’s no more in the fridge for moi!
Roasted Shrimp and Orzo
- Olive Oil
- 3/4 Pound Orzo
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- To Taste Black Pepper
- 2 Pounds Shrimp Peeled and Deveined
- 1 Cup Green Onions White and Green Parts, Sliced
- 1 Cup Fresh Dill Chopped
- 1 Cup Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley Chopped
- 1 English Cucumber Peeled, Seeded and Diced
- 1/2 Cup Small Red Onion Diced
- 1/2-3/4 Pound Feta Cheese Large Diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Fill a large pot of water, add 1 tablespoon salt and a splash of oil, and bring the water to a boil. Add the orzo and simmer for 9-11 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it's cooked al dente. Drain and pour into a large bowl. Whisk together the lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Pour over the hot pasta and stir well.
- Meanwhile, place the shrimp on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and spread out in a single layer. Roast for 5-6 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked through. Don't overcook!
- Add the shrimp to the orzo and then the scallions, dill, parsley, cucumber, onion, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Toss well. Add the feta and stir carefully. Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend, or refrigerate overnight. If refrigerated, taste again for seasonings and bring back to room temperature before serving.
- Source: Ina Garten
Fans Also Made:
None foundRate This Recipe
Source: Ina Garten