Frog Eye Salad Recipe
Frog Eye Salad is a Sweet, Fruity, Fluffy Dessert Salad. This extra fruity salad is a potluck classic with instant pudding mix and delicious cool whip that doesn't require a lot of extra work, and has just the right amount of goodies to make it a favorite of Kids of All Ages!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 12 People
- 1 Cup Acini Di Pepe
- 1 (3.5) Ounce Box Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 8 Ounce Can Crushed Pineapple, Drained with Juice Reserved
- 1 20 Ounce Can Pineapple Tidbits, Drained with Juice Discarded
- 1 11 Ounce Cans Mandarin Oranges, Drained with Juice Discarded
- 2 15 Ounce Cans Fruit Cocktail, Drained with Juice Discarded
- 3 Cups Colored Mini Marshmallow
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1 8 Ounce Container Cool Whip-Thawed
- Reddi Wip
Cook pasta in lightly salted rapidly boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water. Drain well.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together Instant pudding mix, 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice, sugar and milk for 2 minutes.
Add drained pasta to pudding mixture and fold gently until combined. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Place all drained fruit in a bowl or a 1-gallon resealable bag and refrigerate overnight.
When ready to serve, add cold fruit, cool whip, mini marshmallows and coconut to pasta mixture and fold to combine. Serve in a large bowl or individual serving dishes. Top with Reddi Wip if desired.
Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 41mg | Potassium: 70mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 1.8% | Vitamin C: 2.4% | Calcium: 3.3% | Iron: 3.5%