Frog Eye Salad Recipe
Frog Eye Salad is a sweet fluffy rendition of a fruity dessert salad with cool whip, instant pudding and plenty of extras to make you go Mmmm!
Servings 12 people
- 1 cup Acini di pepe
- 1 (3.5-ounce) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained with juice reserved
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained with juice discarded
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained with juice discarded
- 2 (15-ounce) cans fruit cocktail, drained with juice discarded
- 3 cups colored mini marshmallow
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 (8-ounce) container cool whip thawed
- Reddi wip
Cook pasta in lightly salted rapidly boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water. Drain well.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together Instant pudding mix, 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice, sugar and milk for 2 minutes.
Add drained pasta to pudding mixture and fold gently until combined. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Place all drained fruit in a bowl or a 1-gallon resealable bag and refrigerate overnight.
When ready to serve, add cold fruit, cool whip, mini marshmallows and coconut to pasta mixture and fold to combine. Serve in a large bowl or individual serving dishes. Top with Reddi Wip if desired.
Serving: 1/12 of the recipe | Calories: 340kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 76mg | Potassium: 250mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 48g | Vitamin A: 41IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg