Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
My easy and zesty instant pot white chicken chili with lots of spices in a creamy broth will warm up your nights! Comfort food in a bowl!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 4 - 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed and finely chopped
- 2 poblano chiles seeds and ribs removed and chopped
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (15 ounces) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounces) Can corn, with juice
- 1 (10 ounces) Can Rotel diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chicken flavor-Better Than Bouillon, dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 (8 ounces) block cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cilantro, chopped
- tortilla chips
- sour cream
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- avocado, cut into cubes
- tomatoes, seeded and cut into small pieces
Turn 6.5-quart Instant pot onto saute function. Add the vegetable oil. When the display reads "hot". Add the onion, garlic, jalapeno, poblanos, and bell pepper, then saute for 5 minutes.
Add chicken to the pot and saute, stirring often, until all sides of the chicken pieces have cooked on the exterior and are white. (don't cook all the way through)
Add cumin, chili powder, oregano, coriander, salt, and pepper, and continue to saute, stirring constantly, (so spices don't burn) for about 1 minute, or until spices become fragrant.
Add the beans, corn, Rotel, chicken broth and dissolved Better Than Bouillon then stir to combine.
Place the lid on and set the "steam release" knob to "sealing". Press the "Manual" button and set to pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
When the pressure cooking cycle has completed, allow it to sit, undisturbed, and completely depressurize for 15 minutes.
Switch the valve to the "venting" position to completely release steam before opening lid. Carefully remove the lid (there will likely still be remaining steam). Remove the chicken and set aside to a large bowl until cool enough to handle. Cut or shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces
Turn the "saute" function on. Add the chicken, and cream cheese to the pot. Allow soup to cook for about 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cream cheese melts. Turn the Instant Pot off.
Stir in the lime juice and cilantro, ladle into individual bowls and top with whatever toppings you'd like.
Serving: 1/4 of the recipe | Calories: 684kcal | Carbohydrates: 89g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 3603mg | Potassium: 826mg | Fiber: 27g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1575IU | Vitamin C: 106mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 2.6mg