Our Lasagne Soup is rich, tomatoey, loaded with Italian sausage, pasta, mushroom, and spinach. It's served hot, then it's loaded with chunks of Provolone and a topped with a sprinkle of Parmesan and basil.
- 1 Pound Sweet Italian Sausage Casing Removed
- 1 Large Yellow Onion Chopped
- 2 Large Carrots Peeled and Diced
- 2 Cups Crimini Mushrooms Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Cloves Chopped
- 64 Ounces Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Red Wine
- 8 Ounces Tomato Sauce
- 1 14.5 Ounce Can Chopped Italian-Style Stewed Tomatoes
- Pinch Sugar
- 3 Cups Dried Pasta Campanelle, Uncooked
- 2 Cups Fresh Spinach Chopped
- 1 Cup or More Provolone or Mozzarella Cheese Cubed
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Basil- Thinly Sliced
In a large Dutch oven brown sausage over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrot: saute 3 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and garlic, and saute another 3 minutes.
Add Chicken broth, wine, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes and a pinch of sugar to Dutch oven. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
Add pasta and continue to simmer until pasta is al dente, about 10 minutes. Add spinach and cook just until spinach is wilted.
In individual soup bowl's add desired amount of Provolone or Mozzarella cheese cubes. Add hot soup to bowls. Top with Parmesan and basil. Serve :)
Calories: 586kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 2363mg | Potassium: 1127mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 4980IU | Vitamin C: 37.3mg | Calcium: 368mg | Iron: 4.1mg