Our Lasagne Soup is rich, tomatoey, loaded with Italian sausage, pasta, mushroom, and spinach. It’s served hot, then it’s loaded with chunks of Provolone and a topped with a sprinkle of Parmesan and basil.
When I lived up in Northern California, I had a wonderful friend named Deb. She loved to cook. We were like two peas in a pod!She used to have a fun girls night over at her house where we would drink wine, make huge pots of a few different soups, have dinner then package up and divide the soups between all the girls to take home and freeze. This was one of my favorite soups that we used to make.
My whole family loves this soup. It’s a rich tomato based soup enhanced with red wine. It’s loaded with Italian sausage, pasta, mushroom, and spinach. It’s served hot, then it’s loaded with chunks of Provolone and a topped with a sprinkle of Parmesan and basil.
Doesn’t that sound like a whole lot of YUM!!!
- 1 Pound Sweet Italian Sausage Casing Removed
- 1 Large Yellow Onion Chopped
- 2 Large Carrots Peeled and Diced
- 2 Cups Crimini Mushrooms Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Cloves Chopped
- 64 Ounces Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Red Wine
- 8 Ounces Tomato Sauce
- 1 14.5 Ounce Can Chopped Italian-Style Stewed Tomatoes
- Pinch Sugar
- 3 Cups Dried Pasta Campanelle, Uncooked
- 2 Cups Fresh Spinach Chopped
- 1 Cup or More Provolone or Mozzarella Cheese Cubed
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Basil- Thinly Sliced
- In a large Dutch oven brown sausage over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrot: saute 3 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and garlic, and saute another 3 minutes.
- Add Chicken broth, wine, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes and a pinch of sugar to Dutch oven. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add pasta and continue to simmer until pasta is al dente, about 10 minutes. Add spinach and cook just until spinach is wilted.
- In individual soup bowl's add desired amount of Provolone or Mozzarella cheese cubes. Add hot soup to bowls. Top with Parmesan and basil. Serve 🙂
More Warm and Comforting Soups…
- Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup– Lusciously creamy and loaded with chunks of chicken, great veggies, and wonderful wild rice mix!
- Matzo Ball Soup – Matzo Balls soaking in a delicious chicken broth loaded with carrots, celery and chicken!
- Vegetable Beef Soup– This Hearty, Old Fashioned Vegetable Beef Soup has an incredibly rich broth and is loaded with tender chunks of beef and all the right veggies!
- Easy Potato Soup– This delicious Easy Potato Soup is comfort food at its Best! Super quick and easy to make. It’s like a warm hug from Grandma in a bowl!
- Hamburger Soup – is a home-style, hearty meal sure to satisfy healthy appetites and stir up happy memories of Grandma’s house.