This Chicken and Wild Rice Soup is lusciously creamy and loaded with chunks of chicken, great veggies and wonderful wild rice mix! This is Comfort Food at its Best!
Pin it to your SOUPS BOARD to save for later!
Be Sure To Follow Gonna Want Seconds on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Soup is easily one of my favorite dishes. I love it year-round. Even in the heat of summer, I often have a pot of soup cooking on my stove. And this love for soup isn’t just a passion for one specific kind—I’m a fan of all kinds. I love thick, cheesy soups. I love hearty chicken noodle soups. I love vegetable soups, meaty chili, and whatever else I can get my hands on. So when someone had me try this awesome recipe for creamy chicken and wild rice soup, I knew that I had to cook it up.
I am so very glad that I did. Chicken and wild rice soup have always been one of my favorite kinds, but this recipe knocks it out of the park. It’s undoubtedly the best recipe for chicken and wild rice soup I’ve ever had.
This creamy chicken wild and rice is packed with flavor—every bite is as delicious as the last. The vegetables soak up the hearty broth, and the chicken gets a more complex flavor from the vegetables. This is comfort food like you’ve always wanted it: warm, filling, and easy to make.
That is, of course, one of the best parts of this recipe. It’s incredibly easy to put together. The whole thing can be whipped up in less than an hour. That makes it perfect to slip into your weekday routine, or to make up special for guests.
When you start to feel the chill of winter—or if you’re like me, and enjoy a warm bowl of soup in the summer—give this awesome recipe a try!
Cream–Milk and half and half work as perfectly good substitutes for the heavy cream in this recipe. So if all you’re missing is heavy cream, you can still make this creamy chicken and wild rice soup.
Thickness– If the soup gets too thick for your liking, you can thin out the recipe by using milk or chicken broth.
Vegetables– As with most soup recipes, sauté the aromatic veggies before adding them to the pot. It mellows them out and brings out the sweetness in all of the veggies.
Better Than Bouillon Base– If you’re a regular reader of this site, you’ve more than likely seen me use this product. I almost always add it to soups. I love the way it enhances the beef or chicken flavor in a soup. I always keep a jar of both the chicken and beef broth
More Soup Recipes!
- Cheeseburger Soup – Loaded with chunks of meat, veggies, and cheesy broth!
- Easy Cream of Broccoli Soup – This soup is loaded with flavor and nutrition benefits!
- Chicken Tortellini Soup -One dish dinner loaded with juicy chunks of chicken, tender tortellini, veggies and a bit of sausage.
- Easy Potato Soup – Comfort food, warm, quick, and easy to make!
- Lasagne Soup – Rich tomato based soup loaded with Italian sausage, pasta, mushroom, and spinach!
- Italian Sausage Soup – Savory sausage, pasta and more merge to create one of the best Italian Sausage Soup recipes around. A taste of Florence without leaving your kitchen!
- Chicken Taco Soup – brings all the best taco flavors into a family friendly, hearty, healthy soup! Stovetop, Slow-cooker, and Instant Pot versions included!
- Crockpot Potato Soup is a flavorful fix it & forget it meal that’s perfect for a cold winter’s day! Velvety, thick, & creamy, it’s a hearty family favorite!
- Spinach Soup – is so rich and creamy- your family won’t mind eating their veggies! Quick to make & hearty enough for a meal, it looks pretty on the table too!
Source: Gonna Want Seconds~originally published on Spend with Pennies
Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
This Chicken and Wild Rice Soup is lusciously creamy and loaded with chunks of chicken, great veggies, and wonderful wild rice mix! This is Comfort Food at its Best!
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 12 Ounces Cremini Mushrooms Trimmed and Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Large Onion Chopped
- 4-6 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 4 Carrots Peeled and Diced
- 4 Celery Stalks Rib Diced
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 64 Ounces Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 Heaping Tablespoon Better than Bouillon~Chicken Flavor
- 1 1/2 Cups Wild Rice Blend
- 1 1/2 Cup Frozen Corn Thawed and Drained
- 4 Cups Chicken Cooked and Cubed or Shredded
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley Chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until they begin to brown, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and set aside. Add butter to the Dutch oven and cook onion, garlic, carrots, and celery until they begin to soften about 10-12 minutes. Add mushrooms back to pot. Sprinkle flour over veggies and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add broth, thyme, Better than Bouillon, rice, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and gently simmer, partially covered, until the rice is just tender about 25-30 minutes.
- Add corn, chicken and heavy cream to the soup and simmer gently to blend flavors, 10-15 minutes. Adjust seasoning and serve.
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.