Herbed Cheese Polenta
- 10 Cups Water
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 2 1/2 Cups Polenta or Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese Freshly Grated
- 1 1/2 Cups Whole Milk or Half and Half
- 10 Tablespoons 1 1/2 Sticks Unsalted Butter, Cut into Chunks
- 1/3 Cup Italian Parsley Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme Chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
Bring the water to a boil in a large, heavy pot. Add the salt. Gradually whisk in the cornmeal.
Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring often, until the mixture thickens and the cornmeal is tender about 15 minutes.
Remove from the heat. Add the cheese, milk, butter, herbs, and pepper. Stir until the butter and cheese melt. Transfer the polenta to a bowl and serve.
Calories: 593kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 1614mg | Potassium: 217mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 1480IU | Vitamin C: 6.8mg | Calcium: 387mg | Iron: 1.3mg