Tuna Macaroni Salad
Tuna macaroni salad is a culmination of magical proportions between the light, savory chicken of the sea and the jovial salad of Southern gatherings.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 (16 ounce) box elbow pasta
- 4 (12 ounce) cans tuna, in water, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced bread and butter pickles, rough chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, rough chopped
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen petite peas thawed
- 1 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk more as needed
- juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup red chopped onions diced
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 1/4 cup bread and butter pickles sliced
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 3 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 1 zest of lemon
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1/2 cup red pepper
Cook the elbow pasta according to box directions, in well-salted water. Drain and rinse with cold water. Cool to room temperature.
To a large mixing bowl add all the salad ingredients.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss together until everything is well coated.
Chill for 6 hours or overnight. If the dressing is too thick, add milk, a tablespoon at a time, until you reach desired consistency.
Spread out salad onto a serving platter. Top with garnish and serve!
Serving: 1/6 of the recipe | Calories: 801kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 53g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 200mg | Sodium: 1026mg | Potassium: 677mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 3005IU | Vitamin C: 75.3mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 2.3mg