With its maple syrup and ancho powder combo Ancho Maple Black Beans will leave a mark. This recipe a snap to make and produces a sweet complex flavor.
I have a thing for beans. I think it’s cuz one of the only things my dad ever made for dinner when I was growing up, was beanies and weenies. He didn’t make dinner often. And clearly, he wasn’t much of a cook! But he was always kinda excited about the whole thing when he did have to feed us. My mom was the cook in the family!
Anyhoo, like I said, I have a thing for beans. They’re one of my favorite side dishes. Here’s a recipe for Ancho Maple Black Beans that really knocked my sock off!
I absolutely LOVE the flavor combination in this recipe. The sweet maple flavor with the Ancho chili powder is killer. It’s almost like a “Mexican Baked Bean” kinda thing. Overall fairly sweet-just how I like baked beans. I also really like that they’re a snap to make.
Ancho Maple Black Beans
- 1 Cup Yellow Onion Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 3 Garlic Clove Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 15 Ounce Cans Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Ancho Chile Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Pepper
- In a large saute pan cook onion in oil over medium heat until soft. Add garlic and continue to cook about 1 minute.
- Add vinegar to pan, increase the heat and bring to a boil. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for about 15 minutes.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE
More Bean Recipes!
- Coca-Cola Baked Beans – Delicious quick and easy baked bean recipe with a deeply sweet flavor!
- Drunken Mexican Beans with Cilantro and Bacon -Delicious alternative to refried beans flavored with bacon and tequila!
- Bam B Q Baked Beans – Complexly flavored beans infused with smoky and sweet