Well here’s a new one for the holiday cookie tray! Well, anyway it’s a new one for me. This gem was originally written to have a blueberry filling. I made it that way a couple of times this summer and the whole fam really loved it. I thought it would really be great for Christmas with a cranberry filling and, Viola!!! There are a few things I want to mention about this cookie before you make it. One, its okay, if when you spoon on the top layer, it has a few holes and or the filling is peeking through. Remember, the cakey topping will expand and fluff out. So the bigger holes will shrink up a lot. I think the cookie is prettier when you see a bit of the filling in the finished product. Second, I spooned the glaze into a sandwich zip-top bag and cute off a tiny corner. If you squeeze the bag firmly while applying the glaze you get a cute squiggle that I totally dig! I hope you try this one for Christmas. If you do let me know how you like it! Enjoy!
Cranberry Bar Cookies
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter at Room Temperature
- 1 3/4 Cups Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups Fresh Whole Cranberries
- 1/4 Cup Grand Marnier
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dried Ground Nutmeg
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Butter Melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar for 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Add baking powder, salt and one cup of flour and beat until incorporated. Add the rest of the flour, one cup at a time beating after each addition until incorporated. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix all filling ingredients until well combined.
- Spread half the batter in a greased 15x10 baking pan. Spread filling evenly over batter. Drop the remaining batter by the spoonful over the top and spread out.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, make the glaze. In a small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients until smooth. After cookies are cooled, pipe on the glaze. Enjoy!
Fans Also Made:
None foundRate This Recipe
More Cranberry Treats…
- Sugared Cranberries – Our recipe for Sugared Cranberries is tart, sweet an incredibly flavorful. A festive presentation, and terrific holiday treat.