Serve up some bliss for dinner with my Crispy Oven Baked Ritz Cheesy Chicken. Soaked in Buttermilk, rolled in Ritz crackers and Cheddar Cheese. Wow, period.I’ve been making this chicken dish for years. It has become a regular in our family dinner rotation. It’s one of those “go to recipes” because everyone and I mean everyone, is happy when it’s on the dinner table.
I have to confess, that its not just a favorite of the little ones. It’s my favorite oven baked chicken, too. It’s funny, as much as I cook and as varied as the types of things I prepare, this easy, simple yummy chicken is always one of the most requested dinners.
Clearly, you’ll never find this recipe on the pages of Bon Appetite magazine. There’s just something about the coating, mainly Ritz crackers and Cheddar Cheese, that when combined and coating a nicely cooked piece of chicken, that transcend its humble components and becomes fabulously delicious!
Another reason I really like this recipe is it seems that I always have the ingredients in my fridge, freezer or pantry. It’s one of the recipes I go to on a hectic day when dinner was the last thing on my mind during the day but at 5:00 is the first thing on everyone else’s mind!
Crispy Oven Baked Ritz Cheesy Chicken
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Sleeves Ritz Crackers Crushed
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 3 Cups Cheddar Cheese Grated
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1 14 Ounce Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Pour the Ritz cracker crumbs, buttermilk, and cheddar into three separate shallow dishes. Add salt and pepper to buttermilk and stir to combine. Set aside
- Cut chicken into three equal pieces. Dip each piece into buttermilk, then cheddar, then finish in the cracker crumbs. Place dipped pieces in the prepared baking dish. Finish with remaining chicken. Sprinkle with dried parsley.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken pieces are cooked through and edges are brown and crispy.
- In a small saucepan combine soup and 1/4 milk whisking to combine. Heat through and serve over chicken.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE
Recipe Notes For Ritz Cheesy Chicken:
Crushing: You can crush the Ritz cracker in a food processor or place them in a 1-gallon ziplock bag and smash them with a rolling pin. If you have young kids helping you prepare this recipe, this is always a fun thing for them to do.
I like the crumbs to be a little coarse, so they maintain a bit of texture. Feel free to make them finer if you prefer.
Sticking: Okay, so I want to warn you when you coat the chicken with the shredded cheese, a good deal of it falls off. Don’t sweat it. I just pressed it back on, sometimes adding a little more after the crumb mixture on the top of the chicken pieces. It all melts together when it bakes and turns out great.
Cutting the Chicken: The recipe calls for the chicken breasts to be cut into 3 equal pieces. I love this because it gives each piece a little more of the delicious coating. It also is a great way to extend 4 chicken breasts and serve more people.
More Chicken Recipes:
Parmesan Crusted Chicken – One of the most delicious, quick and easy chicken recipes EVER!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Recipe-This bubbling beauty is everything you want in a creamy, cheesy casserole and a dazzling dinner dish!
Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken -zesty chicken is tender, moist and juicy and loaded with yummy fresh flavors