Our easy to make Homemade Cranberry Sauce is loaded with flavor! The perfect blend of sweet, tart with a touch of lovely spice and Grand Marnier or OJ!
Do you make your own cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving? For years, I didn’t. I did have a secret trick though. I mixed a jar of whole cranberry sauce with a jar of jellied cranberries and considered it almost homemade and extremely original. LOL!!!
The main reason I didn’t bother with making my own was that when I tasted the homemade versions I frankly didn’t think they tasted all that much better. I didn’t think it was worth the trouble of dirtying another pan at a time when I seemed to be washing a million and one pans and dishes.
Then I tried this cranberry sauce. I loved it. It’s nicely spiced but not aggressively so. It’s not too sweet and it’s good and thick. All these years of cheating! Who knew it could be this good and this easy!
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- 1 pound Fresh Cranberries
- 1 Cup Water
- 15 Whole Cloves
- 10 Whole Allspice Berries
- 10 Cinnamon Sticks About 3 Inches Each
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Grand Marnier
- Rinse cranberries and place in a saucepan with the water. Place cloves and allspice in a stainless steel tea diffuser and add to pan. Tie the cinnamon sticks with butchers twine and add to pan. Over medium-high heat bring to a boil and cook at an aggressive simmer for 10 minutes. Stir often so mixture doesn't burn.
- Stir in sugar and reduce heat and simmer another 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Grand Marnier. Remove tea diffuser and cinnamon sticks and discard spices. Refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to marry. Serve at room temperature. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE
More Cranberry Recipes…
- Cranberry Meatballs– Warm and wintery, tender and tasty, cranberry meatballs scream holiday dinner party. But.. they’re just too good to limit yourself so serve them anytime!
- Cranberry Jello Salad – Our Cranberry Jello Salad Is Sweet And Tart With An Amazing Creamy Topping. This Perfect Holiday Treat Might Create A Stampede To The Table!
Check out this Sauce!
- Homemade Caramel Sauce Recipe -Thick, rich, decadent sauce is unbelievably easy to make at home.
jaimie logan says
Hi Kathleen! Thank you for the recipe – I do have a question: the Instructions reference allspice (along with cloves), but the Ingredients list does not include allspice. Is something missing from the Ingredients list? Thank you! Looking forward to making this for our big family gathering this year!
Oh Jaimie thanks so much for catching my mistake! I’ve fixed the recipe. Hope you enjoy the cranberry sauce. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family 🙂
jaimie logan says
Kathleen, thank you so much for the info, and best wishes to you and your family, too! I enjoy your blog and recipes, and sense of humor, too! I will be making your pumpkin scones the weekend after Thanksgiving with pumpkin I will have leftover. Thanks again.
You’re so welcome Jaimie! Thanks for all your kind words 🙂
Brittany Duhs says
OMG! We are totally trying it this Thanksgiving! I mean, anything with a splash of Grand Marnier is a must!! 😉
Hey Girl Can’t wait to hear what you think!