Delicious Indian Spiced Beef Kabobs marinated in a wet rub of fresh herbs and warm spices. An exotic dining you don’t have to leave the backyard for!
I’m so excited to share this recipe with you. I’ve been making this for years. It’s one of my favorite recipes for Beef Kabobs. I can’t believe I haven’t posted it before now! I have to tell you that it’s a bit time consuming because it has a couple of different components that go into making the dish. In my humble opinion, it’s totally worth the effort!!! My family gets almost giddy when they hear that this is what we’re having for dinner! tt’s one of the most frequently requested grilling recipes I have.
Who doesn’t love Kabobs? Eating food that comes from a stick is always infinitely more fun than eating something just off a plate! I also like that when the meat is cut into pieces it creates more surface area which allows better flavor penetration by the marinade. These don’t need marinade too long. I like to give them just a couple of hours. I think Kabobs are significantly prettier and more appealing if the meat is spaced with veggies. The problem I have with doing that is that I find the cooking times vary and I feel like one or the other ends up being sacrificed. When my son grills he has a hissy fit if I mix the meat with veggies so, in the interest of family peace, I generally make my kabobs either meat or veggie.
I guess pretty is as pretty does………
Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce- this sauce is really amazing! It compliments the kabobs perfectly. If, however, you’re short on time, or you can serve this with Greek yogurt instead with delicious results.
Skewers: If you’re using bamboo skewers remember to soak them for a few hours before you thread them.
Indian Spiced Beef Kabobs
- 8 Ounces Plain Yogurt
- 2/3 Cup English Cucumber Very Finely Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion Very Finely Chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Mint Very Finely Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Cilantro Very Finely Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Large Red Onion Cut Into 2 Inch Pieces
- 6 Garlic Cloves Peeled
- 2 Heaping Tablespoon Fresh Mint Coarsely Chopped
- 1 Heaping Tablespoon Fresh Marjoram Leaves
- 2 Tablespoon Dried Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Coriander
- 2 Teaspoons Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 Pounds Beef Sirloin Cut Into 1 1/2 Inch Cubes
- Bamboo Skewers Soaked In Water For A Few Hours
Make Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce:
- In a small bowl mix together all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use up to 8 hours.
Make The Wet Rub:
- In the work bowl of a food processor or blender, add all wet rub ingredients and process until smooth. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 1 week.
- In a large bowl, add cubes of sirloin and wet rub and toss until meat is evenly coated with rub. Cover and refrigerate approximately 2 hours. 2. Thread cubes onto skewers, leaving 1/4 inch between pieces. Grill skewers on medium direct heat until the desired doneness. Generally 8-12 minutes
Source: BHG’s Simply Perfect Grilling