My classic Greek Pasta is a genuine taste treat! An easy vegetarian meal that’s a tantalizing medley of artichoke, sautéed onion, garlic, feta cheese, etc.
At my house, vegetarian meals aren’t usually the crowd favorite. We like meat. However, it’s not uncommon anymore for guests or relatives to request a vegetarian option at meals. Luckily, an old classic can help to keep you from needing to make two different dishes come dinnertime: Greek pasta.
This recipe is a tantalizing concoction of artichoke, sautéed onion and garlic, tomatoes, pasta, and, of course, a healthy portion of feta cheese. It’s an easy dish that your whole family will enjoy—carnivores and herbivores alike.
And look, if you like meat as much as my family, just add some in. This Greek pasta goes really well with grilled chicken. Or use some leftover rotisserie chicken instead!
Side Note: When you read the recipe, it might seem like it calls for a lot of garlic. Don’t worry. Because the garlic is roughly chopped it can be cooked alongside the onion without any risk of it burning or tasting bitter. Plus, the recipe asks you to cook both the garlic and the onion until they are soft. This will make turn the garlic sweet, mellow, and even more delicious.
- 1 Pound Farfalle Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion Diced
- 6 Garlic Cloves Chopped
- 1-13.75 Artichoke Hearts Canned, Drained
- 2-14.5 Ounce Petite Diced Tomatoes Canned
- 6 Ounces Tomato Paste
- 6 Ounces Water
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 4 Ounces Kalamata Olives Pitted
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Cup Feta Cheese Crumbled
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain
- Meanwhile, add olive oil to a large nonstick skillet (make sure the skillet is large enough to accommodate the pasta when it is cooked.) Saute onion and garlic until they are very soft.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the pasta and feta, and cook for 10 minutes. Add the cooked and drained pasta to sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle individual portions with feta and serve.
More Mediterranean Recipes
Chicken Gyro – My Chicken Gyro with tender chicken breast and lemony tzatziki sauce will open your eyes to the ease and simplicity of classic Greek cuisine!
Greek Chicken – With a 24-hour marinade Greek Chicken infuses chicken breasts with vibrant Greek flavors. Juicy & tender Greek chicken has been a family favorite for years!