Pulled pork sandwiches are an all time favorite in my family.
This recipe is my favorite way to prepare them.
All year long this delicious sandwich is on our dinner time menu.
Luscious shredded pork drenched in sweet bbq sauce topped with coleslaw on a soft roll, what’s not to love? I mean seriously!
I top it with a homemade bbq sauce and homemade coleslaw. Hubby likes sliced pickles on his. Put yours together however you like and enjoy!
BTW: Yes, I do indeed know, that this is in no way actually bbq. It’s braised pulled pork topped with a bbq sauce!
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Servings: 10 -12
- 5-7 Pounds Pork Shoulder Roast
- 3 Tablespoons Dried Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar Packed
- 1 Tablespoon Dry Mustard
- 3 Tablespoon Salt
- 2 Cups Apple Cider
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 Tablespoon Dried Garlic Powder
- Barbecue Sauce
- Prepared Coleslaw
- Sliced Pickles
- Kaiser Rolls or Onion Rolls
- Mix all dry rub ingredients together. Rub the spice blend all over the pork roast and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine all braising liquid ingredients in a large dutch oven then add the pork roast. Cover tightly with aluminum foil then tight-fitting lid and roast for about 4 hours. Flip the roast over once during cooking so that it cooks evenly.
- Remove from oven and let stand until cool enough to handle. Shred the pork with a fork and remove any visible fat (they won't be much).
- Serve on buns with bbq sauce and coleslaw.
Fans Also Made:
Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 2237mg | Potassium: 613mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1045IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 2.4mg
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I'D LOVE TO SEE!Tag @GonnaWantSeconds or #gonnawantseconds on Instagram!
© Gonna Want Seconds. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media/website/blog is strictly prohibited.
More Crockpot Recipes…
- Crockpot Pulled Pork– Our Crockpot Pulled Pork recipe is the perfect combo of BBQ flavor, great spice, and simple prep. Your family will LOVE this second-to-none BBQ style feast!
Recipes to partner with Pulled Pork Sandwiches…
- Paula Deen Corn Casserole – Off the charts delicious, this Paula Deen Corn Casserole is one of my family’s favorite dishes EVER! A Creamy Corn Casserole perfect with almost everything!
Yummy! I pinned this sandwich and can't wait to try it.
Georgia Pellegrini says
Now that I'm a Texas girl, I've become super obsessed with pulled pork! This looks tasty.