This Paula Deen corn casserole recipe is one of my family’s favorite side dishes EVER! It’s perfect when you need sweet-savory sides, and you know the Queen of Comfort Food won’t let you down!
Who doesn’t love a recipe that only requires 6 ingredients and whips together in a mere matter of minutes! It’s one of those amazing dump-and-go recipes that the simplicity of prep belies its delicious flavor. It’s perfect to making ahead of time and it’s an absolute requirement at every holiday spread and simple barbecue alike! Oh-so-creamy. Oh-so-flavor-packed. This casserole recipe is one EVERYONE will devour.
Let’s cook this!
Paula Deen Corn Casserole Video Tutorial
This recipe is a quicker route to the corn casserole pioneer woman makes which is made from fresh corn. That means this is the perfect filling side dish you can prepare during weeknight!
This contains all the ingredients to put someone in a better mood. But how does it all come together? Read on!
- Corn Muffin Mix: This box mix is simply used as an ingredient. You do not prepare it or added any other ingredient. Simply add the dry contents of the box as an ingredient!
- Cheese: If you’re in the “you can’t have too much cheese” camp, go ahead and add more cheese to the mixture and heck, why not throw a little more on top. And get a little adventurous — I love throwing some smoked gouda into my casserole!
- Creamed Corn: We use a can of creamed and a can of whole corn in this recipe. What’s the difference? Creamed corn comes with half its kernels pureed into a creamy sauce. It’s part of what makes this casserole so ooey gooey!
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
Thanks to the addition of the boxed muffin mix, I treat this Paula Deen corn casserole recipe as I would cornbread.
Keep it in the fridge for up to 3-4 days! I personally love how it tastes a little chilled, but you can always reheat it in the microwave or toaster oven.
Can You Freeze This?
Yes, but you’ll want to do it after it’s already been baked. You can freeze this Paula Deen corn casserole recipe in its entirety, or portion out your leftovers.
Make sure your corn casserole is thoroughly chilled, then either wrap it in the casserole dish or portion it out. You’ll get about three months out of it in the freezer!
To thaw, let it rest in the fridge overnight — or reheat your individual portion in the microwave straight from the freezer!
Make Ahead Tips
If you’re a regular reader, you know we love making ahead!
Mix all the ingredients (leave out the cheese) and put them into the pan. Cover tightly and refrigerate until you’re ready to bake. I’d say make it no more than 48 hours in advance, 24 is even better!
If you want to save even more time, you can mix your ingredients right in the pan. Save a bowl!
There is nothing — nothing! — that this Paula Deen corn casserole recipe doesn’t go with!
Crock Pot Pork Chops? Cooking it will make your whole house smell yummy, then just ladle up a scoop of corn casserole alongside it for a fluffy, sweet balance of flavor. Spices love sweet so try pairing with our chicken lazone with this so your tastebuds will rejoice.
See? There’s nothing corn casserole can’t do!
Now, let’s see what fun we can get into!
- Make your own corn muffin mix. If you want to make corn casserole without jiffy, make your own, by mixing: flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and oil! (Check this recipe)
- Add cream cheese. Make corn casserole with cream cheese by cutting the sour cream in half and adding 4 ounces of cream cheese.
Want more veggie sides that are good all year long? Here are some must-haves!
Paula Deen Corn Casserole
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14.75 -ounce) can creamed-style corn
- 1 (8 -ounce) Box corn muffin mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 to 1 ½ cups cheddar, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9X13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the can of whole kernel corn, creamed corn, corn mix (just the dry ingredients from the box), sour cream, and butter and stir together until well combined.
- Pour into prepared baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle top with shredded Cheddar. Return to oven and continue to bake until the cheese is melted about 5-10 minutes.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes then serve warm.
Fans Also Made:
Source: The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cookbook