Off the charts delicious, this Paula Deen Corn Casserole is one of my family’s favorite side dishes EVER! A Creamy Corn Casserole that’s perfect with almost everything and just may become the most frequently demanded dish at your table!
Okay, so this recipe for Paula Deen Corn Casserole had me at “Hi Y’all!”. It’s rich, creamy and deliciously Southern. This is not a corn casserole from scratch, but a warm baked creamed corn casserole that never disappoints. Paula Deen is known for rich comfort food. This sweet corn casserole is a perfect pick me up on a cold winter night! Bottom line Paula Deen Corn Casserole may just be the best corn dish I’ve ever tasted.
This recipe can be used as the star of the show, but it doesn’t mind filling the role of supporting actor. Serve this up as a side to baked chicken, or serve it with a side of salad. A fun take on my tried and true Sweet Corn Casserole , give Paulas Casserole a try and let me know what you think!
A quick side note, you can always replace the canned cream corn in this recipe with my from-scratch Crock Pot Creamed Corn if you’re feeling up to it. It adds an incredible homemade touch, but it’s not mandatory.
WHAT I LOVE MOST ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- It’s Insanely delicious!! IN-SANELY……
- It tastes complicated, but it’s SO easy!
- Kids of ALL ages absolutely love this.
- Goes perfectly with BBQ crockpot pulled chicken and baked beans for an easy Football Sunday meal.
SAVE THIS PAULA DEEN CASSEROLE
TO YOUR CASSEROLE OR SIDE DISH BOARD FOR LATER
WE’D LOVE TO BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Paula Deen Corn Casserole?
This cheesy corn casserole contains every ingredient known to man that’ll put someone in a better mood. Just like my Scalloped Corn recipe, this casserole is like a warm hug in every single bite. You will need one can of whole kernel corn (drained), one can of creamed corn, an 8-ounce box of prepared corn mix (Jiffy can be used here, but this is not a mandatory corn casserole with Jiffy recipe), sour cream, butter, and shredded cheddar. You’re feeling better already, aren’t you? If you check out Paula Deen Corn Casserole nutrition, you’ll see it’s very close to our nutritional data.
How Do You Make Paula Deen Corn Casserole?
It’s so easy to whip up this casserole that when it’s ready to go in the oven you’ll wonder how you finished so quickly. Preheat the oven to 350 and lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish. Combine all ingredients except the shredded cheddar and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle the cheese on the top and pop it back in the oven to melt, 5-10 minutes should do the trick! Let it cool and serve warm. This recipe just comes out so melty and delicious, that I prefer it to all of my corn casserole with cream cheese recipes. You don’t miss it at all, the flavors are better and the ingredients are easier to work with.
Step By Step: How To Make Paula Deen Casserole
- Drain the can of whole kernel corn.
- Preheat oven. Spray the baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients except shredded cheddar cheese.
- Stir together until well combined.
- Pour into the baking dish. Bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese. Place it back in the oven and bake until the cheese melts. Serve warm. (complete instructions below)
Paula Deen Corn Casserole
- 1 (15.25 Ounce) Can Whole Kernel Corn, Drained
- 1 (14.75 Ounce) Can Creamed-Style Corn
- 1 (8 Ounce) Box Prepared Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Melted
- 1--1 1/2 Cups Cheddar, Shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9X13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the can of whole kernel corn, creamed corn, corn mix, sour cream, and butter and stir together until well combined. Pour into prepared baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle top with shredded Cheddar. Return to oven and continue to bake until the cheese is melted about 5-10 minutes.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes then serve warm.
Recipe Notes For Paula Deen Corn Casserole:
Prepared Corn Muffin Mix: This is simply used as an ingredient, directly from the box. You do not prepare it or added any other ingredient.
Cheese: If you’re in the “you can’t have too much cheese” camp, then go ahead and add more cheese to the mixture and heck, why not throw a little more on top. ½ A cup will do it and besides, it’ll add a bit of extra gooey goodness.
What Do You Serve With Paula Deen Corn Casserole?
Like the corn casserole Pioneer Woman makes, this recipe is most often used as a side. I like to throw together a crisp hearty green salad, stuffed with veggies. It’s nice and cool and compliments the warmth of the casserole well. You can serve it with grilled or baked chicken breast, (1) Crock Pot Pork Chops, (2)Pulled Chicken, (3) Pulled Pork Sandwiched, (4) Southern Smothered Chicken, (5) Chicken Lazone, (6) Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin, (7) Jambalaya, or (8) Blackened Chicken, (9) Mississippi Pot Roast, (10) Crock Pot Ranch Pork Chops, and, even as a Thanksgiving side! I think you’ll find that this casserole compliments almost anything. It’s a versatile dish, so in all honesty, it’s hard to mess it up.
Can You Make Paula Deen Corn Casserole Ahead Of Time?
If you’re a regular reader, you know we love making ahead! We know it saves you time, and that makes us happy. And yes, you can make it ahead of time! Mix all ingredients (leave out the cheese), and pour them into the pan. Cover tightly and refrigerate until you’re ready to bake. I’d say make it no more than 48 hours in advance, 24 is even better!
How Do You Freeze Paula Deen Corn Casserole?
Yes, you can freeze Paula Deen Corn Casserole, but you’ll want to do it after it’s already been baked. You can freeze it in its entirety, or portion out your leftovers. Follow food safety guidelines when freezing. Let it thaw in the fridge and then heat through. The oven or microwave will do!
More Side Dishes…
More Southern Dishes…
Source: The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cookbook