Our sweet corn casserole is a southern classic. A perfect side dish and a cozy, comforting family fav. A complement to any meal, especially holiday dinners!
A wise woman once said that sweet corn casserole is the best way to take corn from summer to fall. It was me. I said it. Our carefree summer fling with corn on the cob is drawing to an end, and it’s time to work one of our favorite veggies into toasty warm casseroles and quick weeknight dinners. My sweet corn casserole encompasses both of those things, resulting in a creamy dish that requires minimal effort. Much like my Scalloped Corn, sweet corn casserole exudes warmth and just tastes like home. No matter what your week throws at you, this baked creamed corn casserole is sure to lift your spirits and satisfy your need for comfort food. It’s a win all around!
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- Easy to make with minimal ingredients and effort!
- So inviting and delicious, this dish reminds me warm Sunday dinners and family
- Easily doubles as a main and side dish
- You can double this in a pinch, making it perfect for a party!
SAVE THIS SWEET CORN CASSEROLE
TO YOUR CASSEROLE OR SIDE DISH BOARD FOR LATER
WE’D LOVE TO BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Sweet Corn Casserole?
To keep this recipe fast and easy, I start it all out with a can of creamed corn. However, if you’re feeling ambitious, you could conjure up a batch of my Crock Pot Creamed Corn and use it in this recipe. Yum! I make my corn casserole without jiffy, so you’ll need all purpose flour and sugar for your dry ingredients. Milk, melted butter, and well-beaten eggs come next. Season with black pepper and salt. There are quite a few variations to this recipe, which we’ll get into with more detail later on. A great example is the corn casserole Paula Deen makes. Her creation includes corn muffin mix and sour cream, neither of which is found here. Luckily, we’ve got a take on this tasty switch up, and you can find it on Gonna Want Seconds under Paula Deen Corn Casserole.
How Do You Make Sweet Corn Casserole?
It takes less time to put together sweet corn casserole than it does to order a pizza. Okay maybe not, but it’s pretty close. Preheat the oven, spray an 8X8 dish and mix together all the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes OR until the corn browns nicely around the edges. Easy!
Step By Step: How To Make Sweet Corn Casserole
1. Preheat oven. Spray the baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside. Next, drain a can of corn.
2. In a bowl, whisk the eggs.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients. Mix.
4. Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Bake for an hour or until cooked.
Sweet Corn Casserole
Our sweet corn casserole is cozy and comforting, a perfect side or main dish for any fall dinner table.
- 1 15.25 Ounces Can Whole Corn
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 15.25 Ounces Can Creamed Corn
- 4 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 4 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Melted
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8X8 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
Drain the can of whole corn.
Whisk together the eggs.
In a medium bowl, mix together all of the ingredients.
Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour 15 minutes or until the center is set and the top of the corn browns around the edges.
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.
Recipe Notes For Sweet Corn Casserole:
Cheese: While I love this recipe for sweet corn casserole just as it is, you can’t go wrong with cheese. You can very easily turn this dish into cheesy corn casserole by adding ¾ – 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese when you mix the ingredients together. Yes, cheese!
Jiffy Mix: We touched on this briefly earlier, and I mentioned that I make my classic sweet corn casserole without jiffy cornbread mix. Corn casserole jiffy style is headed to GWS very soon, and it’s to die for, so stay tuned!
Sour Cream: I make this sweet corn casserole without sour cream. The ingredients here make it creamy enough, and you’ll find that sour cream is usually paired with a cornbread mix when making sweet corn casserole. I prefer this recipe kept simple and basic.
Cream Cheese: Tossing in some cream cheese is a great way to add even more creaminess to this already super creamy dish. For sweet corn casserole with cream cheese, I recommend mixing ¼ cup butter (softened), 6 ounces of cream cheese (softened), 1 can of drained whole kernel corn, and 1 can of creamed corn. Leave dry ingredients as they are. Bake at 350!
Can You Make Sweet Corn Casserole Ahead Of Time?
Yes. It doesn’t matter if you’re making a fresh corn casserole or our super easy canned creamed corn version, you can definitely make sweet corn casserole ahead of time. Mix all the ingredients together as instructed, cover it tightly and place it in the fridge. It’s ready to bake when you are!
*Sweet corn casserole has milk and eggs in it, so I recommend making this no more than 24 hours in advance.
Can You Freeze Sweet Corn Casserole?
After it’s been baked, absolutely. You can freeze this as an entire dish or portion out your leftovers however you like and freeze those as well. Again, this dish contains milk and eggs, so be sure to follow the safety guidelines for freezing!
More Casserole Recipes
- Easy Dorito Casserole – Layered with a zesty beef filling – it has all the flavor of our favorite orange chips without all the hassle of orange finger-tips!
- Chicken Tater Tot Casserole– Oooey~goooey, creamy and delicious loaded with chunks of Chicken and Bacon coated with a Creamy Sauce, topped with Cheesy Tater Tots!
- Cabbage Roll Casserole – Hearty and filling, while simultaneously being quick and easy to put together!
- Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole– Our Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole is a deliciously decadent side dish with its lusciously thick, from scratch cream sauce with a cheesy crunchy top!
- Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes – offers the rich traditional creamy taste of mashed potatoes, along with the gift of extra time… Just when you need it most!
- Corn Pudding – Our velvety, custardy Corn Pudding attains a new level of scrumptious! Its creamy corn filling is hearty and rich. Best of all- it’s easy to make!