My sweet corn casserole recipe is a southern classic that brings a cozy addition to holiday dinners!
It’s like I always say: the best way to take corn from summer into fall is through a corn casserole! We all love seasonal favorites like corn pudding and creamy scalloped corn, but I bet you haven’t tried a sweet corn casserole recipe like mine. It’s sweet like sweet potato casserole and as easy to make as your favorite dinner one-dishes.
You’ll want to make my sweet corn casserole part of your holiday traditions!
The holiday countdown begins – and my oh my, and am I already salivating at just the thought of getting to make this sweet corn casserole recipe! Why you may ask? Well:
- Easy to make!
- Warm, cozy nostalgia in every bite
- Make it do the heavy lifting as the main dish
- Whip up double the batch in a snap!
It takes less time to put together my sweet corn casserole recipe than it does to order a pizza! Yep, you read that right: you can make corn casserole from scratch in a snap! Don’t believe me? Let me prove it!
Start your baked creamed corn casserole by preheating your oven and prepping your dish. Next, drain the corn, and beat the eggs in a bowl. Then pour all the ingredients in with the eggs, mix, and pour into your dish. Bake until golden, about an hour and fifteen minutes.
Done! Didn’t I tell you it was easy?
Best Ingredients To Use & Why
- Cheese: While I love this recipe as is, you can’t go wrong with adding some cheese! Sprinkle in ¾ – 1 cup of shredded cheddar when you mix the ingredients together.
- Jiffy Mix: One common way to make this dish is to use some kind of biscuit binder to give a fluffy edge. But this is corn casserole without Jiffy – and if you swap the flour thickener for rice flour or another gluten-free thickener, you can serve this as a gluten-free side dish!
- Sour Cream: Another common addition to sweet corn casserole recipes is sour cream — but as you can see, this is corn casserole without sour cream! The other ingredients make it creamy enough, and you’ll find that sour cream is usually paired with cornbread mix to give the breading an extra creamy boost.
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
Once baked (see below under Make-Ahead Tips for raw advice!), you can store your sweet corn casserole in the fridge for up to three days. Since it has such high dairy content, you’ll want to gobble it down before that three-day mark!
Can You Freeze This?
After it’s been baked, absolutely. You can freeze this as an entire dish or portion out your leftovers and freeze those as well.
Properly stored, your sweet corn casserole recipe will last up to 2-3 months!
To thaw, let it come to temperature in the fridge overnight. Once thawed, heat it up in the microwave or let it get a little crispy in the oven!
Make Ahead Tips
It doesn’t matter if you’re making a fresh corn casserole or our super easy canned creamed corn version, you can definitely make my sweet corn casserole recipe ahead of time. Mix all the ingredients together as instructed, cover it tightly, and place it in the fridge. It’s ready to bake when you are!
One note: since sweet corn casserole has milk and eggs in it, I recommend making this no more than 24 hours in advance.
This corn casserole goes with every main dish! Thanksgiving turkey, spiral ham, Christmas goose — you name it, this sweet-savory side is ready to support it!
But if you’re looking for a non-holiday main to snuggle up next to this casserole, you must try my Mississippi pot roast. Succulently moist and oh so tender, this meat brings all the heavy hitter flavors you need to have a fully rounded meal with my sweet corn casserole recipe!
There are two great ways to shake up the flavors in this sweet corn casserole recipe:
- Add cream cheese. Want to take the creaminess to the next level? Add about 3/4 cup of cream cheese to the main ingredient mix to get corn casserole with cream cheese!
- Add cheese. I mentioned it above but I’ll say it again: CHEESE! Sprinkle in some cheddar or gouda or even mozzarella for a cheesy corn casserole.
Looking for more veggie side dishes like this sweet corn casserole recipe? Here are some other faves!
Sweet Corn Casserole
- 1 (15.25-ounces) can whole corn
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15.25-ounces) can creamed corn
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8X8 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Drain the can of whole corn.
- Whisk together the eggs.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all of the ingredients.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour 15 minutes or until the center is set and the top of the corn browns around the edges.
Fans Also Made: