This hot corn dip recipe just may be the most delicious dip in the whole universe!
Listen, I’m crazy for appetizers and hot, creamy, cheesy dips are on the top of my list of favorites. Is there anything better than dunking a corn chip into that kinda dip?
This dip takes it one step further and combines sweet, salty, savory, creamy, cheesy flavors all together for an amazing dip that everyone will want a recipe copy of!
No appetizer feast is complete without my hot corn dip recipe! Want a few more of my favorites to round out your appetizer spread?
Let’s make some dip!
- Warm ooey gooey
- SO easy to put together
- Crazy crowd favorite
- Savory + sweet = PERFECTION
Cheese: Let’s start with the heavy hitters! This dip has three types of cheese. Your standard cream cheese, parmesan, and a Mexican blend.
Some people object to buying pre-shredded cheese. I get it! I like it in this recipe because the Mexican blend comes with a combo of cheeses that add extra flavor. If you don’t like the pre-shredded cheese feel free to sub it out for Monterey jack or pepper jack.
Mexican Corn: The Mexican corn that this recipe calls for is a blend of corn and peppers in a can! Just be sure to drain before adding to the dip.
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
This hot corn dip recipe is GREAT in the fridge! Seal it, then store it for up to four days. You’ll definitely want to reheat it before you eat it though, so pop it in the microwave or toaster oven!
Can You Freeze This Hot Corn Dip Recipe?
Nope! There is way too much dairy in this hot corn dip recipe for it to do well in the freezer. Just discard the leftovers after the four-day fridge mark! As if……
Make Ahead Tips
Since the dip is so easy to make, the only make-ahead tip I have is to mix everything together per the recipe and leave it covered in a bowl in the fridge until ready to bake.
I prefer to leave it in the mixing bowl rather than in the baking dish because, if the baking dish has been in the fridge, it really needs to come to room temp before you put it in a hot oven or you risk breaking your dish and ruining your dip! Just seems easier and requires less planning ahead to leave it in a bowl!
The very best way to serve this hot corn dip recipe is with lots and lots of crunchy chips: tortilla chips scoops, potato chips (even the seasoned kind!), and thick Fritos. You can also spread out an assortment of crackers — I love the wheat kind with this dip! — and your favorite veggies like carrots and celery.
- Use fresh corn. Skip the canned corn and use fresh if it’s in-season like with the hot corn dip Pioneer Woman makes!
- Use frozen corn. Save time with frozen corn, the sort you’d use in scalloped corn.
- Use jalapeños instead. Up that spice level! Add in jalapenos a la Mexican corn salad.
- Add bacon. Bacon and corn? The perfect salty-sweet mix!
- Make it Mexican street corn dip. Add some extra goodies like even more cheese to make Mexican street corn casserole!
Hot Corn Dip
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cups Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 3 (11-ounce) can Mexican corn, drained
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together 4 ounces cream cheese and 1 cup of mayonnaise until smooth and well combined.
- To the mayo mixture, stir in 1 1/2 cups of Mexican cheese, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, 3 (11-ounce) cans drained Mexican corn, and 1/2 cup green onions until evenly combined.
- Spread evenly in the prepared baking dish, sprinkle top with remaining 1 1/2 cup Mexican cheese, and bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven until hot and bubbly, 35-40 minutes.