Summertime means savory grilled food and ice-cold drinks like my pineapple margarita recipe!
Picture this: you’ve had a long day chasing your family around the backyard. You’re hot, and that neighbor kid’s sprinkler looks mighty inviting…
Stop! Before you steal refreshment from children, flip through my catalog of thirst-quenching, sweat-beating alcoholic drinks. This pineapple margarita recipe is the star, with fruity notes that make it a hero among summertime cocktail recipes, oh, and the best part, my recipe makes a whole pitcher!
If you’re looking for a margarita with more herbal notes, check out my basil margarita! — and easy — no one’s got time for long recipes in the summer!
Let’s get shaking!
I love any recipe that cools me down without taking hours to make, which is why this pineapple margarita recipe is a long time favorite of mine!
- Refreshing flavor — that tropical twist!
- Easy to make
- Perfectly chilly
- Ready in a snap!
How To Make Pineapple Margarita Recipe
This pineapple margarita recipe couldn’t be easier to make.
Dump all the ingredients into a blender. Puree until smooth. Rim glasses with salt, if you like salt; pour your margaritas in, and serve!
Never made a margarita before? Used to get them by the pitcher at Mexican restaurants? Not to worry — whipping them up at home is so easy, you’ll wonder why you haven’t been doing it all along!
Read on for my secret tips and tricks!
The ingredients in my margarita recipe are so easy — but if you’ve never made a margarita before, you might feel a little lost. Let’s check it out!
- Tequila: The best part of any margarita, tequila comes in an overwhelming number of varieties. I personally like basic Gold tequila. It’s not overly expensive and I like the taste. If you want to experiment with some of the more expensive, top-shelf varieties, check out this list, there are tons of great alternatives!
- Triple Sec: This staple of the liquor cabinet brings a delicious citrus twist to any beverage. If you don’t have Triple Sec on hand, I suggest investing — it’s so versatile! I use it in tons of cocktails, not just margaritas.
- Tajin: If a salt rim on your glass is kind of boring, go for something spicier with Tajin seasoning! This mix of chiles, dried lime, and salt give you that savory sensation with a spicy kick. I love it with this margarita!
Tools to Make
You need only one tool to make this recipe:
- A blender!
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
Because of the ice in this recipe, it’s best served right after blending. You can, however, pop it in the fridge so slow melting in a pinch.
Can You Freeze This?
Yes! One fun trick is to make your margarita, pour it into ice cube trays, and freeze. That way, when you have a margarita craving, all you have to do is pop the ice cubes into a blender and go!
You can freeze your pineapple margarita for up to a full year!
Make Ahead Tips
This recipe whips together in such a snap that there really is no way to make it ahead. Plus, you don’t want your margs sitting around, getting warm! It’s always best to make these fresh and enjoy on the spot.
My pina colada sheet cake pays homage to a different pineapple drink, but the flavors still pair wonderfully with my margarita. Plus, coconut!
Or try my pineapple sunshine cake. So bright, so light, you’ll end up making this for every summer party all season long!
- 2 cup ice
- 3 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- juice of one lime
- 1 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 1 cup frozen limeade
- 1 cup water
- lime wedges, pineapple wedges, pineapple leaves
- Blend ice, pineapple chunks, lime juice, tequila, triple sec, limeade, and water in a blender until smooth.
- Place coarse salt or Tajín in a shallow dish. Rub rims of cocktail glasses with lime wedges, then dip in coarse salt or Tajín, coating well.
- Pour margarita in glasses and serve.
Want more summertime cocktail recipes? Here are some others you have to try!
- Strawberry Frose – Pretty and pink and as tasty as it is beautiful!
- Lime Rickey – Love citrus? Give this classic a try!
- Planter’s Punch – Want a bit of everything, but still need an easy recipe? This is ready to quench your thirst.
- Creamsicle Drink – The iconic summertime treat in a drink form, its a dessert in a glass!
- Hippie Juice – And for those summer days, that just needs an extra umph!
Just talking about my pineapple margarita recipe makes me feel more refreshed! That chilled pineapple, that orange Triple sec, that spicy Tajin rim — yum!
Let’s do summer right! What did you think of this margarita? Let me know in the comments!