Bring some merriment to your hot summer nights with my delectable Giggle Juice!
I know you’re stocking up on alcoholic drinks and cocktail recipes just like I am — what is summer without some boozy beverages to satisfy those sweltering nights? And boy oh boy, is my recipe one of these cocktails that hit all the thirst-quenching notes!
There’s nothing better than sitting down after a long, hot summer day with a cold glass of something yummy in hand. Giggle juice is that something yummy!
- Two types of delicious alcohol
- Refreshing and satisfying!
- Chilled to perfection
- Easy to make
How To Make Giggle Juice Recipe
This is SO easy — you’ll wonder why you haven’t been making it all along! Whisk the sugar into the lemon vodka then combine all drink ingredients in a large pitcher. Add Ice. Place excess sugar on a plate. Rim the glasses with lemon then dip into the sugar (I mean who doesn’t love a sugared rim!!) Pour into individual glasses and enjoy!
Not sure why some ingredients are used? Wondering where, exactly, you add the “giggles”? Read on!
Unfortunately, no real giggles are used in making this drink. But we have lots of other yummy stuff!
- Pink Lemonade: A lot of pink lemonades merely dye lemonade pink without adding any additional flavorings. Make sure you get a strawberry or raspberry lemonade or something that added berry flavor!
- Prosecco or Moscato? The choice is up to you! Prosecco is an Italian sparkling wine while Moscato refers to the specific type of grape used in the process. Moscato tends to be on the sweeter side, so if you want drier, go for Prosecco!
- Granulated Sugar: Sugar in the cocktail is an optional ingredient. I only add the sugar if I’m using a dry Prosecco. Generally, when I make this with Moscato, the Moscato itself is sweet enough and sugar is not needed. If you are using sugar, do NOT substitute your sugars for this one! You need granulated sugar to break down in the alcohol and rim the glass properly. Powdered sugar would dissolve too quickly; other grains of sugar would be too thick.
Tools to Make
You only need three things to enjoy your giggle juice recipe:
- A whisk
- A pitcher
Oh, and a healthy thirst!
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
Giggle juice, like most alcoholic beverages, stands the test of time in the fridge. But because we’ve added various goodies to it, you’ll need to adjust accordingly: keep your finished juice in the fridge for up to ten days, even two weeks if your fridge is very cold.
Can You Freeze This?
Yes! Frozen giggle juice is amazing as a blended drink — pour into ice cube trays and freeze, then pop into a blender and serve!
You can freeze this for up to a full year. Though no way will it last that long if I have any say in the matter!
Make Ahead Tips
This juice recipe comes together so quickly, there’s really nothing you can do to make it any faster. But you can always make a big pitcher ahead of time! Just hold off on adding any ice until just before serving.
Giggle juice comes loaded with refreshing summer flavors, so I love pairing it with my favorite summer desserts! Think fresh, fruity treats like my orange pound cake or my pineapple casserole. It’ll make for a perfect end to any summer day!
- 2 teaspoon granulated sugar, optional
- 2 cups lemon vodka
- 1 (750 ml) bottle moscato d'asti (sparkling Moscato) or prosecco
- 3 cups pink lemonade
- 2 (7.5 ounces) cans Sprite
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 lemons, sliced then quartered
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 cup) granulated sugar
- Whisk to dissolve the granulated sugar in the lemon vodka.
- Combine all drink ingredients in a large pitcher. Add Ice.
- Place sugar on a small shallow plate. Rim the glasses with lemon then dip into the sugar.
- Pour into individual glasses and enjoy!
Fans Also Made:
Want more summer cocktails to spruce up your evenings? Here are some delicious options!
- Chi Chi Drink – Try not to dance when you drink this!
- Caipiroska – A South American favorite
- Fuzzy Navel – Love orange? Try this!
- Mimosa – The breakfast classic!
- Tequila Sunrise – Bring on the day the tequila way!
Next time you’ve had a long, hot summer day doing yard work or maybe just lounging by the pool, whip up a pitcher of my giggle juice recipe and reset the heat to CHILLED!
Who did you serve your giggle juice to? Let me know in the comments!