Nothing quite says summer like smiling faces with sticky little fingers propping up a fast-melting ice cream cone – except maybe the flavor of this dreamy creamsicle drink. Now, this is a stroll down memory lane you’re gonna’ wanna’ take!
Now, this is no sloe gin fizz, which is definitely delicious. This is one of those warm-weather cocktails that disappears fast – like a summer dessert following a great sloppy joe recipe. Those of you who think a bay breeze is a best-candied cocktail is gonna’ be pleasantly surprised with this one.
Check it out!
You say “creamsicle,” I say cocktail! This creamsicle drink recipe marries orange and vanilla cream in one sweet bubbly beverage that’s sure to conjure happy memories of forgotten summer treats.
- A nostalgic childhood treat turned into a dreamy adult beverage!
- 2-minute prep
How To Make Creamsicle Drink Recipe
Serving up this orange creamsicle drink is so simple it’s going to blow your mind! Simply fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add your liquid ingredients. Stir to chill and strain into a glass. Top with Redi Whip, garnish and serve. Voila!
While you do mix this up in a cocktail shaker, you don’t want to shake this orange creamsicle drink or you’ll end up with a fizzy foamy mess. Also, the carbonation in the orange soda dictates that you put the ice in first and then add the liquid.
Orange Creamsicle Cocktail Ingredient Notes
This orange creamsicle cocktail is much sweeter than a cranberry bourbon cocktail and just as simple as a lime rickey. It takes about 60 seconds to whip one up and it’s every bit as decadently delicious as the orange creamsicle you remember from your childhood. It goes down fast and smooth.
Vodka – Instead of making this drink with vanilla vodka, which is a little easier to find in the stores, I opt for the whipped cream version.I don’t like buying ingredients for just one recipe, then scratching my head trying to come up with other ways to use the leftovers.
- If you’re wondering how to make the most of that big bottle of whipped cream vodka, try using it instead of Bailey’s the next time you’re “spicing” up your iced coffee.
Orange – I also make this drink with orange soda instead of orange juice or juice concentrate. This particular choice for me is all about the bubbles and the fizziness it adds to the cocktail.
- Make sure you’re using a sweetened orange soda too, like Sunkist or Fanta, not sparkling water like La Croix or San Pellegrino. Otherwise, you’ll need some simple syrup to sweeten the mix.
Garnish – You can rim the glass with orange sugar sprinkles, granulated sugar infused with orange zest or vanilla beans, or sprinkle orange Jimmies (large capsule-shaped sprinkles) on top of the Reddi-Wip.
- A little mint sprig adds some color, though we all know everyone’s going to be drinking around it. LOL.
- By the way, even though it’s hard to top the fun of a spray-able can of whipped cream, I do prefer the Reddi-Wip flavor for topping our liquid creamsicles rather than a tub-variety of whipped topping.
Tools to Make
Enjoying this orange creamsicle drink is an indulgent treat that rivals the fondest childhood memories and you don’t need any complicated tools. If your whipping up adult beverages, you’ve probably already got a cocktail shaker with a strainer and the strainer is really the only must-have.
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
This is one of those ‘make on the spot’ drinks because it calls for orange soda instead of juice. I think it makes it taste more like the original ice cream on a stick. BUT it can’t sit around because the soda will go flat.
Can You Freeze This?
Unfortunately, this creamsicle drink can not be frozen. Trust me, you’re gonna’ want to drink this baby as soon as you taste it so you can have another!
Creamsicle Cocktail Make Ahead Tips
If you’re wanting to serve this yummy creamsicle cocktail at your next get together, there are a couple of things you can do to speed things along.
You can pre-mix equal parts of the two vodkas and have those ready for when guests arrive. If you’re serving a big crowd you can also have a buddy do the Redi Whip topping and serving.
If you’re not quite up for orange creamsicle cookies and Hippie Juice, this drink is really simple and decadent. It’s great for summer barbecues and warm-weather holidays, like Independence Day. Of course, sometimes I like to whip one of these up for dessert.
This dreamy delicious orange creamsicle drink is one of my all-time favorite candied cocktails but you can tweak the recipe to make other scrumptious adult beverages too.
- Pull out the sour apple liqueur and whip up a fun apple martini to jazz up the evening.
- Grab the gin and ginger ale to serve up some smiling faces in one simple step.
- A few simple swaps and you can curl up in front of the fire with some apple pie moonshine and a good book.
- Make merry and Red Sangria with apples, cinnamon, and other holiday flavors.
- Take advantage of those ripe luscious teardrop-shaped berries with some shaved ice and make a strawberry frose sip poolside.
Creamsicle Drink Recipe
- 4 ounces orange soda
- 1 ounce whipped cream vodka
- 1 ounce vodka
- Reddi Wip
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour soda and both vodkas into a shaker and stir to chill. Strain out into the glass. Top with a dollop of Redi Whip and jimmies and serve.
Fans Also Made:
Here are even more awesome alcoholic drinks you can enjoy year-round. Try your favorite or try them all, its kinda’ hard to choose!
- Spiked Hot Chocolate – Add a little something extra to that creamy cup o’ cocoa.
- Planters Punch Recipe – Talk about childhood memories with a kick!
- Basil Margarita – A new twist on an old classic with layers of refreshing flavor.
I absolutely looove this orange creamsicle drink and I have a feeling you will too. It’s a light indulgent adult dessert drink that really brightens up the day.
Plus, it only takes a minute to throw together. Do yourself a favor and try this one out. It’ll have you looking forward to summer all over again!