Ready for a really unique refreshing taste, try my Basil Margarita. Who knew… herbs in a margarita… bring on the sunshine!
Have you seen this wonderful cocktail yet? Well, I predict it will soon skyrocket to the top of your summer favorites list! I love margaritas and this new twist on an incredible classic is a great way to enjoy them. They have a unique, complex and fabulous flavor that everyone seems to enjoy. There are a few ways you can prepare them. I like to make them in a blender so the basil becomes pureed. Remember when you had mojitos a while ago with chopped mint and then flashed a huge smile at your ever loving friends cuz you were having so much fun! Remember your friends falling off their chairs in hysterical laughter cuz you had 14 lil pieces of chunky mint in your teeth!!! Okay, so maybe that only happened to me. Well, friends, fortunately, I learned from that experience and now puree my herbs to prevent another party foul that will haunt you-me for the next ten years! You can also julienne the basil for this margarita if you prefer.(I think we’re all safe with strips of basil) Whatever you do just don’t chop it into little pieces!
- 1 1/2 Ounces oh who am I kidding? I use 2 ounces! Tequila
- 2 1/2 Ounces Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Ounce Agave Syrup
- 1 Ounce Water
- 4 Large Fresh Basil Leaves Julienned
- A Splash Triple Sec
- Put all ingredients into a blender ( I used my magic bullet with the pitcher attachment and doubled the ingredients-at least!!! ) and blend until there basil is liquefied.
- Pour into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously.
- Pour into a glass filled with ice and enjoy!
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE