Ring in the holidays with my cranberry margarita recipe!
‘Tis the season for all the best drinks! Grab a tangy lime rickey; mix up an autumnal apple martini; or shake up a tropical pineapple margarita. There’s no wrong kind of drink this festive season — we all know we’re just happy 2020 is almost over!
But if you are looking for THE drink, THE margarita, you must try this festive, easy-to-make cranberry margarita recipe!
Bright, tart cranberry juice pairs beautifully with tequila and citrusy triple sec to give you a full-rounded holiday beverage!
Let’s get mixing!
I’m not picky — every margarita recipe is delicious! But this cranberry margarita recipe tops it all with flavor notes of the season and a fresh, light feel that reminds me of warmer weather to come. Plus, it’s SO easy to make!
- One step recipe!
- Great for parties
- Recipe can be doubled, tripled, quadrupled……
Some drink recipes can be overwhelming, which is why I love this cranberry margarita recipe. Dump, stir, serve!
- Triple Sec: This addition gives your drink that lovely orange essence. Similar to other citrus add-ins, triple sec is on the milder side. If you want an even stronger orange flavor — and a stronger alcohol content! — try swapping for Cointreau.
- Cranberry Syrup: You can always make your own cranberry syrup by boiling some cranberries and sugar, but who has the time during the holidays? Luckily, you can buy it online or in your favorite grocery store.
- Finishing Touches: The best part of holiday beverages is making them look festive! You can alternatively add some of my sugared cranberries to your drink for a little more sparkle!
Make Ahead Tips
This cranberry margarita recipe is great for having on hand. Whip up a batch and store in a sealed jar (mason jars work great). You can keep it in the fridge for a few months. Just exclude the fresh fruit and add it when you serve!
But since this cranberry margarita recipe whips together so easily, you don’t have to worry about making it ahead! Just pull it together whenever you need it.
Serving Recommendations for Cranberry Margarita
The best way to serve this cranberry margarita recipe is with lots of delicious finger foods! My favorites for the holidays — or any time! — are salty-sweet bacon wrapped smokies and, of course, cranberry meatballs! The meatballs especially pair so well with this margarita. Cranberry party!
If you’re more of a dip sorta person, (I’m crazy for dips!) try this with my hissy fit dip. It’s always a favorite and the little bit of sage in it goes perfectly with holiday flavors!
Want to shake up the flavors in this cranberry margarita recipe? Let’s have some fun!
- Add apples. Add in some fruit for a tequila version of red sangria! Use seasonal fruits for a fall sangria.
- Add strawberries. Strawberries would give a nice hat-tip to other fun drink favorites, hippie juice, and giggle juice!
- 1 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 1/2 cup limeade
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup cranberry syrup
- 1 orange sliced sliced
- 2 limes sliced
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- Pour 1/4 cup of cranberry syrup into a shallow rimmed plate. In a second plate, spread out 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Dip a cocktail glass first in the cranberry syrup and then into the granulated sugar. Repeat with the remaining glasses. Fill glasses with ice.
- Thread cranberries onto a cocktail skewer.
- Add all the ingredients in a pitcher. Pour into prepared glasses. Lay a cranberry skewer over top of each glass. Serve!