A peach cocktail that’s smooth enough for sippin’—this Peach Moonshine makes any night a little more magical. The best of summer fruit, with a hint of cinnamon that suggests that fall is on the way, it’s sure to help you enjoy hot summer nights and the cool switch of the seasons. Fruity and refreshing, this ain’t yo momma’s moonshine. There’s none of that painful burn you’d expect in moonshine, this is smooth as velvet.
Make Mine a Moonshine!! A summertime treat to keep on hand or the perfect batch cocktail to bring to a party, this Peach Moonshine is balanced, juicy, and meant to be made at home. It’s also best with a little time, so you can serve immediately, but I prefer to let it chill for 2 weeks before enjoying.
The waiting is really the hardest part. A handful of ingredients, and the peaches do the rest of the work. Because of the alcohol content, when stored in the fridge, this moonshine is good for up to 3 months—but I’d be surprised if it lasts that long!
As nice nightcap for you or gorgeous gift to give, you’ll find lots of peachy keen reasons to make this moonshine.
If you’re looking for more delicious cocktails, here are a few I think you’ll love:
- apple pie moonshine
- Christmas sangria (made with homemade cinnamon syrup!)
- pear martini
- cranberry margarita
Let’s sip the south!
What I Love About This Recipe
Aside from the taste, this recipe will make your whole house smell like peach-cinnamon heaven!
- Perfect for poolside days or hot nights
- Crowd-pleasing drink
- Makes your house smell AMAZING!
- Smooth, sweet flavor – no burn!
How To Make Peach Moonshine Recipe
It’s easier than you think to make moonshine at home!
Start by boiling your grape juice, peaches, sugar, and cinnamon sticks for 45 minutes. Remove, cool, and strain. When completely cooled, add your Everclear and Peach Schnapps. (Do not add alcohol near a flame or heat source!) Stir to combine, then pour your moonshine into jars and re-add your peaches and cinnamon sticks to each jar.
Store in the fridge! The moonshine is ready to drink immediately but the taste will improve significantly if you let it sit and mellow for two weeks.
Peach Cobbler Moonshine Ingredient Notes
The ingredients are so easy to get — no messy alcohol fermentation needed!
- Peaches: If you can’t get fresh peaches where you are, canned work just fine! I think they taste even better sometimes, and they are WAY easier to prep.
- Moonshine: Moonshine is a southern American staple with a long history of fermenting and prepping. Luckily, to replicate these flavors, you just need a stove and a pot! Store-bought liquors do all the work for you.
- Everclear: Ah, Everclear! The alcohol that makes moonshine MOONSHINE. This is the intense stuff that gives moonshine its unwanted burn, so be careful to only add as much as the recipe calls for!
Tools to Make
I guarantee you already have the tools you need to make this moonshine!
- A stovetop pot for boiling
- A strainer, like cheesecloth, for getting the peaches and cinnamon sticks out
- Mason jars
The Mason jars are optional — however, you want to store moonshine is up to you! Mason jars are just the traditional storage method.
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
Seal it up tight and you can let your peach moonshine sit in the fridge for up to three months. The beauty of working with alcohol — it preserves your drink for you!
Can You Freeze Peach Pie Moonshine?
Yes — but your peach moonshine won’t freeze solid. Due to Everclear’s 190 proof, it’ll just be well-chilled! It’s definitely a great place to store your moonshine if you have room.
Make Ahead Tips
This recipe tastes best when it’s been sitting in your fridge for two weeks — so definitely make it ahead of time! Not that it doesn’t taste good right after it’s made, but the flavors really develop and deepen over time.
The best way to drink moonshine is alongside a decadent backyard barbecue! Pull out all the stops — my marinated grilled chicken paired with my easy tuna pasta salad will give you that balance of savory and creamy, then add in that peach moonshine and you’ve got all the flavor notes ringing loud!
More Cocktail Recipes
- Gin and Ginger Ale – Perfect for a busy night!
- Sloe Gin Fizz – Gotta love the bubblies!
- Sweet Red Sangria – The best dump and mix drink there is
- Craiger Cocktail – Truly tropical — buy tiny umbrellas!
- Basil Margarita – This herb isn’t just for savory dishes!
- Strawberry Frose – A cold glass of smoothly blended strawberry
- Giggle Juice – is the happy-making beverage of choice for this year’s hot nights
- 2 (64-ounce) bottles White Grape Juice
- 8 Yellow Peaches, Peeled and Cut Into Large Slices
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 4-6 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle Everclear, 190 Proof
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle Peach Schnapps
- In a large pot, bring grape juice, peaches, sugar, and cinnamon sticks to a low boil.
- Cover the pot, reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes. Remove pot from heat and cool completely.
- Pour through a strainer layered with a cheesecloth to remove peaches and any pieces of the cinnamon sticks. Reserve.
- When completely cooled, add Everclear and Peach Schnapps. (Do not add alcohol near a flame or heat source). Stir to combine alcohol.
- Divide reserved peaches and cinnamon sticks between twelve 16-ounce clean jars. Pour Moonshine into jars and screw the tops on (you're not going to process the jars for canning, you're just using the tops to cover the jars) and store in the fridge.
- The moonshine is ready to drink immediately but the taste will improve significantly as the moonshine has a chance to sit and mellow for 2 weeks.
Fans Also Made: