If you’ve been looking for a super easy, crowd-pleasing chicken marinade recipe for your summer backyard barbecue plans, look no further than this tantalizing marinade. Who doesn’t need more summer barbecue chicken recipes?!! Balsamic vinegar brings its signature rich, tart punch while sweet onions mellow out the flavors. Add in the char of the grill and that smokey sensation, and you’ve got a meal everyone will love!
A lot of recipes like this claim to be heavy-hitting and versatile, but this one actually is! Great with any side, this recipe is made for parties.
- Goes great with any side dish
- The leftovers taste even better!
- Delicious flavor that doesn’t overpower
How To Make Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe
This chicken marinade recipe comes down to three simple steps: dump, set, grill!
Dump your marinade ingredients into a gallon bag. Add your chicken and onions, and let it set in the fridge until grill time — preferably overnight! Then fire up your grill and get cooking!
I love how easy grilled recipes are! So much delicious flavor with minimal work!
Best Grilled Chicken Marinade Ingredient Notes
Marinading Time: This recipe is best when marinated overnight. Six to eight hours will do in a pinch, but try to give it even longer for all the ingredients to soak down deep into that chicken!
Onions: The recipe has onions soaking in the marinade along with the chicken. They, of course, add great flavor, but also make a nice veggie side. Cut the onion fairly thick so it’s easier to pull out of the marinade and flip when you’re grilling.
Vinegar: Why is vinegar used in marinades so often? Vinegar works to break down protein, which tenderizes your meat and makes it so, so good. Balsamic vinegar, in particular, brings an extra pop of richness, since it’s made from grape pressings during the wine process before they’ve been fermented.
Grill: New to the grilling scene? No problem! There are tons of great tutorials to start you out, and chicken is a wonderful (and forgiving!) first meat to grill. This video, in particular, will set you off on the right grilling foot!
Storing the result of your chicken marinade recipe couldn’t be easier! Cooked chicken is so great to store for leftovers that I often cook more than I know I’ll need just so I can have lunches for the week. Read on!
Can You Freeze This?
Yes! Cool your chicken, pop it into portioned containers and freeze for up to four months.
This is great to do if you want to have fully cooked meat on hand to grab and go lunches or meal planning. My chicken marinade recipe spruces up any other recipe that uses chicken!
Easy Grilled Chicken Marinade Make Ahead Tips
My easy chicken marinade recipe has make-ahead tips packed right in! Since you marinate it the day before, all the hard work is done when you go to cook it. Just heat your grill and go!
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
Once cooked, you can store the result of your chicken marinade recipe in the fridge for up to four days. Which is great if you, like me, hate having to pick out lunches. It’s so nice knowing I have delicious chicken ready and waiting to be reheated! I love using the leftovers in sandwiches or with rice and veggies.
Grilled Chicken Marinade
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 package good seasons Italian dressing
- 6 boneless skinless breast halves, trimmed
- 2 yellow onions thickly sliced
- Add the olive oil, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic and the Good Seasons Italian Dressing package to a 1 gallon Ziploc bag and carefully seal it then swish everything together well. Add chicken breasts and onion. Press out as much of the air from the bag as possible and reseal it. Place on a rimmed dish or plate in case bag leaks. Refrigerate until ready to grill. Flip bag halfway through marinating time.
- When you're ready to grill, prepare grill by heating and lightly oiling. Remove chicken and onion from marinade and shake off excess marinade. Discard marinade. Grill chicken on high for about 4-6 minutes, depending on the temperature of your grill. Flip and repeat until done. Grill onions with a foil pan over them, flipping as they brown, for about 15-20 minutes.
- When chicken is cooked, remove to a platter to allow the chicken to rest for about 7 minutes. Serve
Fans Also Made:
None foundRate This Recipe
Are you stocked and ready for the grilling season? My chicken marinade recipe got you started, but here are some more recipes to prepare you:
- Grilled Chicken Wrap – My favorite summertime lunch!
- Grilled Chicken Tacos – Taco Tuesday just got grilled
- KFC Grilled Chicken – The fast-food favorite can be made in your backyard
- Grilled Chicken Seasoning – The perfect seasoning for any grilled chicken
- Cilantro Lime Chicken gives you tender, moist, and juicy chicken loaded with yummy fresh flavors
Now that you have my grilled chicken marinade recipe, it’s time to start bringing out your summer goodies! Got your lawn chairs? Your umbrellas? Your yard games? Let the fun begin!
Where did you serve this chicken marinade recipe? Let me know in the comments!
Source–A Family Feast