The combination of gooey sweetness, bacon, and a little spice in our bacon wrapped smokies creates a perfect paradox of simple and spectacular!
Spoiler alert: When you try my recipe for bacon wrapped smokies, you will be taking a pig-in-a-blanket to a new, deliciously indulgent dimension! I mean, how can you go wrong with pork wrapped in pork?! Then, on top of that, a dose of cayenne pepper for the zing that really separates this recipe from other bacon wrapped smokies add brown sugar… oh my.
If you love yummy finger food appetizers I hope you’ll try my everything pigs in a blanket, Bisquick sausage balls, grape jelly meatballs, and my ham and cheese pinwheels next. I promise all these recipes are keepers!
Bacon Wrapped Smokies Ingredients
To make them, you will need lil’ smokies, bacon, brown sugar, and cayenne pepper. How simple is that? Then, you wrap ‘em, roll ‘em, poke ‘em, and bake ‘em. Voila! The addition of cayenne pepper to my recipe helps these smokies hit that next level.
Storing + Freezing + Make-Ahead
- How Long Will These Last In The Fridge: These will keep 4 days in the fridge.
- How to freeze (as if there will be any left): If you do have leftovers, just put the smokies in a freezer-safe container, and keep them in the freezer for no more than 3 months.
- Can you make this ahead of time: Follow the recipe until it is time to put it in the oven. Cover securely and put them in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
- Food Safety: If you’d like more info on food safety check out this link.
How To Make Bacon Wrapped Smokies
Cut the bacon in thirds. Preheat the oven.
Wrap each smokie with a bacon piece, overlapping ends, then secure with a toothpick.
- Coat each smokie with the brown sugar and cayenne mixture. Place in a single layer on a prepared pan and bake until bacon is browned. Flip the bacon and bake again.
Remove from oven, and serve.
***See the full instructions below.
How to Serve Bacon Wrapped Smokies
These are ready to go and delicious all on their own. If you’d like to serve them with some dipping sauce, try my awesome sauce or yum yum sauce.
More Delicious Appetizers
Craving more delicious recipes?
I hope you’ll join our cooking family! Subscribe to Gonna Want Seconds and receive all our latest recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Absolutely free to you and we never share your email address.
Tried This Recipe?
Leave a review, I love hearing your feedback! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Bacon Wrapped Smokies
- 1 (14-ounce) package Smoked Lil Smokies
- 15 slices bacon uncooked, cut into thirds
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried cayenne powder
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC). Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. (For an alternate cooking method try bacon wrapped smokies in an air fryer)
- Wrap each smokie with a bacon piece, overlapping ends, then secure it with a toothpick.
- Mix brown sugar (3/4 cup) and cayenne pepper (1/4 teaspoon) in a shallow bowl then firmly press each smokie in mixture, coating generously.
- Place in a single layer on a prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until bacon is browned. Flip the sausages and continue to cook another 20-30 minutes or until the bacon is browned on the second side.
- Remove from oven, and serve. CAUTION: These little buggers will be HOT, in more ways than one, so a little cooldown period is advised.
Fans Also Made: