My Everything pigs in a blanket recipe is THE appetizer you need to please a crowd in a hurry!
You’ve got the spread: creamy hummus, tangy bruschetta, deviled eggs, and a bowl of buffalo chicken dip — but what about the pigs in a blanket?? No appetizer table is complete without these perfect little bites of hot dog and breading — especially when they’re bite-sized!
And extra especially when they’re seasoned with Everything Bagel Seasoning for an out of this world flavor pop!
Let’s whip up some appetizer magic!
What I Love About This Everything Pigs In A Blanket Recipe
- Super easy
- FAST — make it in half an hour!
- Everyone, I mean Everyone, LOVES them
- Perfect for any appetizer spread
Everything Pigs In A Blanket Recipe Notes
Everything Bagel Seasoning: Aside from the creamy addition of chive and onion cream cheese, this seasoning is what makes this recipe outstanding!
You can make your own or find it at most Supermarkets. Even Trader Joes sells it!
Lil Smokies: The one, the only! These are far more than just mini hot dogs. Lil Smokies bring that signature smokey flavor to every dish they’re used in — plus, they’re just so fun to cook with! You cut and use other smoked sausages or hot dogs.
Dijon: Another flavor heavy hitter in this recipe is the use of dijon mustard. Unlike standard yellow, dijon brings a more complex, distinctly “mustardy” KAPOW to your dish!
Topping: The easy to mix up topping for these little bites of yum really separates my everything pigs in a blanket recipe from others you may come across. Please, for the love of Pete, don’t skip it!
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
Since these are pigs in a blanket with cheese, we’ll want to stick these leftovers in the fridge ASAP. Once you’re ready, pop your leftovers in a sealable bag and store in the fridge for up to four days.
To reheat, just throw them in the toaster oven to get some crispiness back in that crust!
Can You Freeze Everything Pigs In A Blanket?
Just like an old fashioned pig in a blanket recipe, you can definitely freeze the appetizers you make from this everything pigs in a blanket recipe! Let them cool, store in a sealable bag, and freeze for up to two months.
To thaw, let sit in the fridge overnight, or just toss them in your oven and heat until done!
Make Ahead Tips
I think everything pigs in a blanket recipe is at its best when you make and serve them fresh, but you can definitely serve the leftovers if you need!
Obviously, you’ll serve this everything pigs in a blanket recipe with tons of delicious appetizers — but what about other meals?
These pigs would be great snuggled up next to sloppy joes or French dip sandwiches! They make a great side dish. Or hey, what about with brunch? Try them with tater tot breakfast casserole. Two Rock-Star recipes together. “Can you handle it…….”
- Add bacon. Bacon makes everything better, like in pigs in a blanket with bacon or bacon wrapped smokies, or my crunchy bacon wrapped water chestnuts.
- Use other dough. Swap those pigs in a blanket crescent rolls for something different! Try tiropita (this uses phyllo dough) or pigs in a blanket puff pastry.
More Super Bowl Appetizer Recipes
Looking for more delicious appetizers? Check these out!
Everything Pigs In A Blanket
- 4 ounces chive and onion cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup extra-sharp cheddar, shredded
- all-purpose flour
- 1 tube Crescent Rolls
- 24 Lil' Smokies
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Everything bagel seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line baking sheet with parchment.
- In a small mixing bowl mix together cream cheese and cheddar until evenly combined.
- Lightly flour work surface. Unroll crescent sheets and tear along perforation. Spread a layer of cream cheese mixture on each triangle. Cut each triangle into 3 pieces.
- Place one Lil' Smokie on the wide side of each piece of crescent then gently roll-up. Repeat with the remaining ingredients and place on a baking sheet.
- Whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, and Dijon mustard. Brush on tops of rolled up smokies. Sprinkle with Everything bagel seasoning. Bake in preheated oven for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown
What an answer to a prayer. With not alot of money this year, I didn’t know what to do for a main dish type appetizer ( we only do appetizers at Christmas) This is perfect and probably less than 10 dollars for the whole thing. Thank you so much!!!!!
Wow, that’s amazing, Kate! Thank you so much for your positive feedback 🙂
I made these for New Years (we had to have our Christmas late). I didn’t want to spend the money on the onion chive cream cheese, so I just added onion powder and dried chives to a block of cream cheese. –worked well. These were very yummy, and would be great for any holiday, SuperBowl, or just a family movie night!! Again thanks!!!!!♥♥♥
Hi, Kate! That sounds so good! Happy holidays. Thank you!
My kids loved it!
Amazing! Thanks, Ali!